• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled jacks name of mfg

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Who makes that jack for sleds I know there were two makers but cant remember their name?? Getting old and thinking of carrying one

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Sledjacker and powder jack. First two on list when you goggle sled jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Highjacker is the only one built to last with frequent use.
Notice that the handle is broken off the other jack, this was the second one he broke and the maker refused to fix it again. Bill has refined his jack and even easier to use.

010-4.jpg

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
That Pic brings back memories :couch2:

In all fairness he would have replaced the handle....I wouldnt accept a new one:face-icon-small-sho I now have an original Bill Harmon Jack on the way. Buying cheap bit me in the rear on this occasion.

Powder jack was awesome to deal with but the product couldn't do what I needed. That picture is the result of 2 bent poles and 2 broken jack handles before it. Not to mention having to hit the little flipper between jacks to release the mechanism because the pole gets all gouged up.

I am sure they work great for some so don't be giving me any thumbs down....but IMO they cant handle the way I ride for 30-40 days a year.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Bill makes the best product...plus you get to deal with one of the most down to earth sledders you will ever meet.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That is SUCH a consistent comment from people that own one of these.
Everyone thinks they are a joke UNTIL they use it for the first time!
Then they won't ride with it.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I've been riding a Yamaha for the past two seasons and found in necessary to carry the jack as I just could not lift the sled if I got it stuck. I went through 3 of the powderjacks in two seasons. Only paid for one and two were sent out on warranty but each one broke or bent after a couple/few uses. So.....bottom line is the customer service at powderjack is awesome but I cannot say the same for the product.

I think the powderjack is OK for a light sled but it cannot lift a Yamaha!

No jack for me this year....going back to a light two smoker which I can actually get unstuck without a jack! LOL

D
Nov 20, 2005
i have had both.
the powder jack broke on the 2nd time using it.. the company sent out the new parts for it..
I decided that i did not want to take a chance on being in a spot where i needed help, and have that jack break on me again.
I bought bill harmons hi jacker and have not had a problem with it. you can easily tell it is made to work over and over again..
If anyone ask me what to get i would tell them without a doubt. "ONLY GET THE HI JACKER" it could save your life...

D
Nov 20, 2005
its not just the rod with harmon's thats stronger , better either... the jack and mechanisms of harmons is so much more durable...
If i would have forked out the the $300 up front i would have saved money.. i am sure if u want one of these jacks that if u dont buy harmons first u will sooner or later... with me it was sooner..

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
This will be the 6th winter on my Hijacker. Its been used MANY times and has never failed on me. In fact, nothing has ever been repaired on it.

It will pick up the back of a trenched in Apex no problem. You also come up with other ways of using it too. Ive used the strap around the steering post and pushed against a tree to get out of a tree well.

Also comes in very handy to adjust track tension, shock and rear suspension adjustments. WELL worth the money. Eric

Premium Features