• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My earliest utah ride, with new proclimbs

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Got out to the high uintas this morning. Not bad for oct. 10, the earliest I've ever riden off trail. Got 20 miles on each of the new proclimb 800's. Took a M7, M8 and M1000 to compare. Proclimb 800, way better. I was worried about cat being able to improve an already awesome sled, the M sled, and they did. Power is improved, smoother delivery, easier to get on one ski and stay there. Riding position A+.

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

And, yes, B1dodge is wearing jeans and tennis shoes in that pic. Weren't expecting the snow we encountered.

Last edited:
T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
Pretty jealous, new sleds, and riding in October! How did they steer with the skis on the ground? Curious about how well the tall spindles are going to work

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There was nowhere that had deep enough snow to feel safe to try a climb. Sleds had 0 miles when we started and close to 20 when done. Woke up a lot in that short time, I'm sure have more power to be had as the motor gets more broke in. The 2011 M's didnt seem to get full power until arpund 100 miles. Bottom end power was the best cat has had in any sled since going to the diamond drive in 05'. So glad that POS is gone out of these sleds. We really watched the spindles closely to see if they looked to cause a problem when pulling the led over. Watched the PC and M sled closely for spindle differences when pulling over in the snow, didn't notice anything different between the two chassis. Surprisingly the PC was easier to pull over and keep over than the M sleds we had, even though the PC has a wider skin stance.

H
Dec 12, 2009
Glad you had a great ride, wish cat could have had their **** together and got sleds out for people to demo BEFORE the season started.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
If I wanted to buy one of those new Cat sleds, where would one find some?

:):face-icon-small-coo

That would be The EDGE Powersports in Draper Utah 801-495-3278 !!! And for those on the fence about buying a new Pro Climb. Call Darrin 801-897-0984 and schedule a demo ride. Demo rides start as soon as there is snow. Skiier...This was top of Mirror Lake HWY

Last edited:
B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Demo, isn't that a pre-snowcheck thing most manufacturers do? :face-icon-small-ton

HAHA yes that is how it "should" have happened... Unfortunately Cat didnt think that was very important and like you I was left scratching my head wondering...WTF were they thinking? So all we can do now is try and give everyone that was sitting on the fence a chance to ride this sled. Im going to ride the crap out of them anyway so might as well bring some fun SW peeps along :becky:

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
HAHA yes that is how it "should" have happened... Unfortunately Cat didnt think that was very important and like you I was left scratching my head wondering...WTF were they thinking? So all we can do now is try and give everyone that was sitting on the fence a chance to ride this sled. Im going to ride the crap out of them anyway so might as well bring some fun SW peeps along :becky:

I hope to hell you still have my #.:face-icon-small-ton

If you want to just leave one at our cabin there won't be any storage fee's involved.:face-icon-small-win

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Trying some new things this year for turbos. Built a couple kits late last year using the Comp oil-less turbo. Works very well and not having to deal with oil is awesome. Working a couple deals right now on some very new, next gen. turbo stuff that will be very, very cool.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Compared to the other sleds, was there more or less skid transfer under power? I know you didn't have an opportunity to climb anything but did the sled want to wheely any more or less than the others?

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Hey Travis!!!!! The sled seemed to transfer very well but not as much as the M series. It was not ideal conditions as you know but from what I could tell the rear skid should be far more boost friendly than the M. It would hike the skis about 3-4 inches and stay there so I think its a bit more progressive.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Thanks D! You know me.... I'm all about keeping the front end planted sooos I can climb some shiz. Probably would end up doing a Kmod with a 174 anyway. As soon as we get a little more white stuff we will have to go and test your 12's out. Better start doing your naked snow dance right now!:lock1::smow::pray::attention:

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Thanks D! You know me.... I'm all about keeping the front end planted sooos I can climb some shiz. Probably would end up doing a Kmod with a 174 anyway. As soon as we get a little more white stuff we will have to go and test your 12's out. Better start doing your naked snow dance right now!:lock1::smow::pray::attention:

The naked snow dance has been in affect since sept. with good success....until now but this is the calm before the naked snow dance storm:face-icon-small-sho And with the new Glenn Hall 604 hp crate engine you should be able to spin the hell out of that 174! Seriously your first on the list buddy, as soon as it snows!

Premium Features