• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to tell when you are addicted to snowmobiling...

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
I was doing my usual search online for some new aftermarket goodies and was thinking about how much money I have spent on my snowmobile over the last three seasons.

My sled is worth 10 times what my daily driver car is worth. I think that speaks volumes on how addicted I am to snowmobiling. Even if I don't get out nearly enough to scratch the itch.

So what about you? What silly things do you do or sacrifices do you make to make sure you ride the best and the most during the winter?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
images

399603285v3_480x480_Front.jpg

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Need a Sticker, "The MODS On My SLED Cost More Than My TRUCK!"

You know its bad when you pay attention to snowest for a fix, and you know when it speeds up and slows down, spring, slows it way down, then you get the eastern guys that stop riding way to early, on to summer toys, boats, bike, side by sides, 4 wheelin, when holidays roll around, and the all time slowest/least usage HUNTING SEASON.

Last edited:
R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
How 'bout you haven't owned a sled since 2009, and have lived in VA, FL, and now deep south TX since then. I honestly don't think there's been a day under 100*F here since July...

yet I'm on this stupid site every day. :kev: And the videos Duke posted recently have set a new goal for my savings account. $60k should buy a couple nice turboed yammi's, right? :plane:

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
When you video yourself making an a** out of yourself on your sled just to get a free membership.......:faint: (Me)

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
you know your addicted when you will travel across two time zones just to buy a new sled

or

you know your addicted when your wife/gf starts knowing names of parts when she doesnt even want to

or

you know your addicted when you often go out and have quiet time sitting on your snowmobile dreaming of the things you are going to do this winter together (me)

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
how about driving 32 hours twice, and working a four month internship for free in the hopes of getting some free parts out of it?

got a track, skis, shocks, front end kit, tunnel, and klim gear. had to pay for everything but the front end kit, but got great deals on everything else:face-icon-small-hap

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
There may be a problem when all of your extra money goes into sled parts and when the wife has to have surgery on her shoulder and your first thought is "Cool, now I won't have to trail ride and I can go with the boys and have real fun on the weekends." Oh, by the way, how is your shoulder?:face-icon-small-hap

L
Jun 8, 2011
my GF hates summer for the sole purpose that im a depressed loser that hates everything and everybody....seems that until the frost starts showing up in the morning that i can barley roll out of bed.

what really needs to happen is we get 10 or 15 guys togeather, buy a house in Chile, get three sleds there, and do something similar to a timeshare!!!! just like its always 5 0'clock somewhere.....its always winter somewhere!!!!!!!

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
my GF hates summer for the sole purpose that im a depressed loser that hates everything and everybody....seems that until the frost starts showing up in the morning that i can barley roll out of bed.

what really needs to happen is we get 10 or 15 guys togeather, buy a house in Chile, get three sleds there, and do something similar to a timeshare!!!! just like its always 5 0'clock somewhere.....its always winter somewhere!!!!!!!

That sounds kind of like me

And you may have a good idea with the Chile timeshare thing

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
When it gets under 35* is when I go outside and its like a refreshing start to a new day, aaahhhhh! (you know like those fools do in spring time and its 70* out) My house rarely ever gets above 60* or I can't even sleep.

I have 2 malamutes and every time it gets over 70* you think something is wrong because the just act sick and don't do much, then it cools off and you think someone slipped them some crack, I'm on that level.

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
LOL!

SNOWEST as a HOME PAGE! and Plus on your Phone.

I mean geez we can't miss any action on here..!!!

x2 Where the sign up sheet for Chile timeshare thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowest is my homepage. Im in for the chile deal.

Premium Features