• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any news of the M1100T Vertical Steering Kit?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I remember it was mentioned that perhaps in June they would start being the kit available/order-able. Anyone know if there is any new news on the kit?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
If you are wondering why it is a kit, and not a standard option, its because they didn't develop it in time to add to their production line. Production lines are expensive to setup, and hard to change. Everytime you do so you risk introducing problems.

If you are wondering why you can order it for a sled that doesn't exist, then you should ask yourself why the accessories catalog has stuff in it for sleds that don't exist yet.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I heard the sno pro's where getting them but not the standard. You wont really know until they show up on the dealer floor. But snowmobiler mag had a youtube video saying the demand of the vert post was heard and put into the lineup somewhere.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
From what I understand the vertical steering kit won't be available until early winter (like December). I heard that from an engine designer guy at the Arctic Cat 50th thing. He mentioned they had a problem with the bearing on the assembly and had to do a redesign.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
From what I understand the vertical steering kit won't be available until early winter (like December). I heard that from an engine designer guy at the Arctic Cat 50th thing. He mentioned they had a problem with the bearing on the assembly and had to do a redesign.

I heard the same thing from Ken (from push turbo) at grantsburg watercross. He said they had something wrong with a bearinng in the setup.

On another thought. . . Any chance that the hold up on the turbo sleds is the steering post? That they are trying to get it developed and tested to go on some production sleds. I would be will to pay a couple hundred extra for my sled if It came with the adjustable post. Because I am sure the riser stock on the standard m1100turbo is not going to tall enough so I will be spending at least $30 on the right height riser.

I have

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I heard the same thing from Ken (from push turbo) at grantsburg watercross. He said they had something wrong with a bearinng in the setup.

On another thought. . . Any chance that the hold up on the turbo sleds is the steering post? That they are trying to get it developed and tested to go on some production sleds. I would be will to pay a couple hundred extra for my sled if It came with the adjustable post. Because I am sure the riser stock on the standard m1100turbo is not going to tall enough so I will be spending at least $30 on the right height riser.

I have

Unfortunately from what I understand the vertical steering won't be adjustable like the the one for the 800s. It's also probably unrealistic to expect them to have it on the M1100T standard, especially since even on the 800s it was an option I think. If it were the case they'd be calling everyone up, asking if they wanted it.

In anycase, there really isn't a holdup for the 1100 Turbo from what I understand. They did their trail production run, which is why there are a bunch out there, but they don't have them scheduled until late september.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Talked to the cat western sakes rep yesterday. Narrow front end is done and have part numbers. Vert. Steering post probably not for a while.

M

morrisond

Jan 8, 2008
Is there any problem with the Vert Steering post on the 800? Does it have the same bearing issue?

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Sled won't be here till Monday but you guys are correct no part numbers as of yet but i think it will be before early December more like late September as per the head of Cat Parts and Acc.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Sled won't be here till Monday but you guys are correct no part numbers as of yet but i think it will be before early December more like late September as per the head of Cat Parts and Acc.

Its monday. . . Hoping for a update with some pics of a turbo. . . . ?

M
Feb 27, 2010
i would think the boys in MT well see them first being that it is closer to the factory.i would think we would see pics on here befor use on the coast see them. if you look at how the 800 vert steering is you can see the issues. the turbo is a taller motor and they couldn't put in the same bracket. i have stood on both sleds and the hor steering is a good 2'' forward over the vert. on pavement i didn't find one harder to pull over onto its side. easier then a M.and i'm only 150lbs...

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
I like the idea of being able to adjust the bar height as well as everyone else but seriously how big of a difference is it gonna make. If this sled rips I think I'll be happy enough. All everyone keeps doing is complaining of weight and steering when 90% of people havent rode these sleds and the ones who have did it in the late spring, so let's be real it was not that long ago when the hottest sled out there was a 550 vertical escape and no one ever complained about weight or steering.

Premium Features