• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile in Chile

T
May 25, 2011
SANTIAGO
www.dostiempos.cl
Hi everyone,
I'm a snowboarder who needed to go check out more than the resorts in Chile offered. I'm among the first people to explore the Andes on snowmobiles, it has been the best experience!! These mountains are insane, huge!! all kinds of terrain and really good snow! It's been 7 years of fun, heading into where no man has ever been on a daily basis, and going big while doing it! we use our sleds to get around the steeps, and the drop them on our boards. getting to the lines is funner than riding them some times! anyways, get ahold of me if you are thinking of coming, we have new PRO RMKs since last year!! We hosted Polaris Testing... life is a gift! oh yeah, our season is off set to the States, runs from july to october.

C
Feb 2, 2010
kootenays, bc
im saving right now man!!!!!! where abouts in chili are you? always been my dream to ride the southern part of the pacifc death wall we know as the rockys and you know as the andes!!!!!!! might have to boost on hold for some july pow!!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yes, we need pictures of that.

And put it on a map too.

T
May 25, 2011
SANTIAGO
www.dostiempos.cl
Ok here are some pictures, I'm in Santiago, the main city, and the best area I've found is right up the mountains from the city, 1 hr drive. My web site has lots of pictures but none of the past two seasons, when things got really good! www.dostiempos.cl (dos tiempos = two stroke). I need to figure out how to post pictures now...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
AWESOME!!!!!
Looks like the snow is a little thin though. What month is your peak depth?

T
May 25, 2011
SANTIAGO
www.dostiempos.cl
trail head is at about 2500 mts and we can climb up to 4300 mts, then the snow turns to hard pack and then there is no more snow, just rocks. This pics where taken in the Santiago region, down south you can ride at sea level, I haven't been that far... soon maybe! You get all altitudes in between. The further south, the smaller he mountains, but gnarly still. And there is tree riding down there too. There are a lot of pictures of the south in our web site www.dostiempos.cl
peak would be en of july i guess, depends on the weather. in this are we get about 12 feet. Here is a video we filmed two winters ago http://vimeo.com/5682299

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Way cool...funnt thing, I was just googling for this about 3 weeks ago in Chile'. Too bad I couldn't afford this. It would be cool to come back from the ocean fishing and go straight to the snow.

I've always wanted to watch the toilet flush backwards. Call me weird.

T
May 25, 2011
SANTIAGO
www.dostiempos.cl
this is a nice shot

check it out, these are the first tracks ever in this valley (people go there in the summer). the third ridge in the back kept me uneasy since the first time i saw that volcanoe like 7 years ago. it took us 5 winters to figure out we could get there. its still not winter here, but when it gets here we will go big! the second shot is when we got to the top on the RMKs, Lyle and Me july 2010

P1010242.jpg IMG_0113 copy.jpg

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Stellar !! Spent a week in Chile a few years back, the country is absolutely amazing. I was up north in the Atacama Desert (driest place on earth, no rain for 500 years) in the town of Calama, then back down to Santiago for 4 nights.
A short drive from Santiago and you're in wine country with some of the better red wines being vinted, to another short drive and on the coast in Valaparaiso.
Fresh seafood right off the docks from that afternoon's catch.. try the swordfish lol...

Premium Features