• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod, Timber os EZ-ryde?

B

bigtwin

Jan 16, 2008
I am considering replacing the skid on my twisted turbo M1000.
The original works incredibly bad under boost on steep slopes.

What do you recommend? Kmod, EZ-Ryde or Timbersled?
Have heard great things about kmod and m-series, but not so much about the others.

What is perhaps the advantages and disadvantages of each?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I have had all 3 and would recommend the KMOD. It is built tough, its adjustable, and it works well.

All three are better than the stock skid, especially for boosted applications.

N

never enough snow

Dec 7, 2008
They all have there pros and cons i went with timber sled easy install and seems to work well not many hours on it yet.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I liked my easy ryde but my next one will be kmod. I hear nothing but good about him and his service. The guys at easy ryde were very good too btw.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I am considering replacing the skid on my twisted turbo M1000.
The original works incredibly bad under boost on steep slopes.

What do you recommend? Kmod, EZ-Ryde or Timbersled?
Have heard great things about kmod and m-series, but not so much about the others.

What is perhaps the advantages and disadvantages of each?

I have a Timbersled . Had binding issues and the instructions I received were followed to the tee, I discussed with Timbersled and they indicated the measurements provided with the kit illustrated where to drill holes and I was mistaken about the measurements.. However the instructions have been changed since I bought mine, They denied this.,So I even Faxed them the original instructions provided with the kit which showed they altered the method and measurements and never again did they phone me back.When there is a Problem the designer needs to step up to the plate. This cost me 500$ to fix on top of the original purchase price.I,m buying the K Mod next time.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Been around lots of T-sled skids and would not waste the money, I have a KMOD and love it, I did the cheaper conversion and its night and day difference. But there are a few things I would like to change which would be taken care of with the full upgrade and raptor shocks. Just didn't have that much disposable money at the time. But when I do I will upgrade to the full KMOD. I have never been around a Ez-ryde, but the KMOD is built for boost so I think it would still be the better option.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
KMOD, Kevin's service and products speak for themselves...

I've run several different skids in several different sleds including Fabcraft and many different Holz skids... KMod all the way. I'd also like to say that the Raptor shocks work REALLY well too... I'm going to be putting his clickers on the front of my sled for next year too.

B

bigtwin

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for the recommendations:)
Then I decided a complete kmod skid. with Fox Float Evol.
Going to replace the Powerclaw with a CE in the process.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I have mine setup so it will still wheelie, But its a controlled wheelie and it doesn't come all the way over, it only does it when I stand on the back or if I hit a big hump. It works well when you want to do a up hill u-turn, just stand on the back and pull, it comes up and around with ease. I ride in the tight trees so I need it to stand up for switchbacks, and it just works.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Kmod and I have owned literally everything else. Will hold the front down like M10 but is far less one dimensional. I even rode an M8 with his lower cost conversion kit and for the money I was amazed. Kevin is a great guy and will work closely with you to make sure you are happy. He continues to innovate and as others have said, he rides boosted sleds every day so he sees what works himself

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
My buddy(big guy) runs a k-mod. Took quite some time to get right, but now he loves it.

I ride EZ and it's perfect for me. I couldn't be happier. Did have to shorten the front shock slightly to suit. I always grin big when I feel it work the big stuff so effortlessly.

Good luck!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Wyo,

What don't you like about the conversion? Is it just the stock shocks and want to go with the Raptors? Do you think a conversion with the Raptor shocks would work as good as the full skid?

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Intersting to see the Kmod guys step up with their experiences. Good to hear!

I have a similar problem, have a Ekholm(Mtn Addiction/Expert-X) in a Cutler 1ltr M-Series chassis with a 156 CE. It handles terrible compared to my Rev and even my 1M. Can't sidehill worth a hoot, super tech riding it is not ment for. I think this is because of the raised center of gravity. I thought it would be a plus(like on the 1M) however it made the sled hard to handle in super technical situations. When I say it doesn't sidehill - I mean like a stock M can hold a sidehill.

I was all but sold on the EZ Ryde as the majority of shops run them around here but this interest in the KMod has me interested. If anyone has direct experience with the two skids it would be much appreciated.

Premium Features