• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK SNOW FLAPS!

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Hey Guys.

Well we finally got the Pro RMK flaps up on the new site. We have not loaded all of the logos, but have a good start. If you have any interest in a different logo that was on our old site just shoot me a PM and ill take care of it for ya!

It seems after sending out about 10 flaps to people that we achieved between 5-20° cooler EGT readings in warm spring riding. Definitely not a complete fix for cooling issues on the Pro RMK, but a definite upgrade form the ported flap in the spring. We also increased the angle of the flap by 15° to increase snow being thrown up in the coolers.

Please ask any questions, thanks!!

-Matt

http://www.provendesignproducts.com/Pro_RMK__2011__.html

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Some pics

They definitely help. Late on the mtn it got very poor/crusty and I'll be getting the FTX cooler too; Pro simply doesn't have good enough coolers on it's own for spring riding (and NO ribs? Do Polaris engineers have even an ounce of chemical engineering comprehension of basic thermodynamics?). Thanks again Matt!

Have FUN!

G MAN

P1030263.jpg P1030252.jpg P1030248.jpg P1030245.jpg

Last edited:

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
The Flap

Matt:

Thanks again. For springtime riding, your flap works a hell of lot better than the stock Poo flap. Gonna go out again tomorrow and ride the slop. Will try to get you some more info.

Attaching some pics.

131-3102_IMG.jpg 131-3104_IMG.jpg 131-3107_IMG.jpg 131-3108_IMG.jpg 131-3116_IMG.jpg

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
can you offer a 20'' long flap for the pro rmk?

In my reports back to Matt, I commented that the flap should flair out from each side starting just below the rear grab bar and should be at least 2"-4" longer. The flap is currently 14" long from the bend. While testing, I had one of my riding pals watching from behind and he said snow was still going under the flap at slower riding speeds. At speed, enough snow gets kicked up under the tunnel. As soon as things slow down, like in the trees or on ridgetops, the temp starts to go up.

I'm thinking about adding an extension to the end of my flap and see how that works.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
What i have been working on with the RMK flap is possible modifying one of our M-Series dies which is 17.5" wide at the body of the flap and 15" at the top which will fit perfectly in between the Pro RMK bumper and offer a lot more room for the snow to reflect back into the track.

If this doesn't fix the cooling problem which it might not be a snow flap factor, it should at least be the cheapest fix to bring the EGT's down if someone doesn't want to upgrade to a bigger cooler.

So the total length would be 20" long x 17.25" wide which i think would be the biggest we could go without having a goofy looking flap on the back and keeping a cool look to it.

I will keep everyone updated. I might be able to get some prototypes out this week depending on how busy the truck flap sales are.

Thanks for the input guys!

-Matt

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
In my reports back to Matt, I commented that the flap should flair out from each side starting just below the rear grab bar and should be at least 2"-4" longer. The flap is currently 14" long from the bend. While testing, I had one of my riding pals watching from behind and he said snow was still going under the flap at slower riding speeds. At speed, enough snow gets kicked up under the tunnel. As soon as things slow down, like in the trees or on ridgetops, the temp starts to go up.

I'm thinking about adding an extension to the end of my flap and see how that works.

Yup, I suggested getting rid of the Polaris cutouts on the sides and bottom (flared out even better) and go with a longer flap; 2-3" probably good for mtn use.

Cheers,

G

Last edited:

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
What i have been working on with the RMK flap is possible modifying one of our M-Series dies which is 17.5" wide at the body of the flap and 15" at the top which will fit perfectly in between the Pro RMK bumper and offer a lot more room for the snow to reflect back into the track.

If this doesn't fix the cooling problem which it might not be a snow flap factor, it should at least be the cheapest fix to bring the EGT's down if someone doesn't want to upgrade to a bigger cooler.

So the total length would be 20" long x 17.25" wide which i think would be the biggest we could go without having a goofy looking flap on the back and keeping a cool look to it.

I will keep everyone updated. I might be able to get some prototypes out this week depending on how busy the truck flap sales are.

-Matt
that would be something.add a PRO RMK logo too.my wife has a 2009 SD renegade 600,the snowflap catches almost everything and it get drawn in to the tunnel,even snowdust when riding concrete type hardpack.the snowflaps lower part is angled a bit forward.good job from skidoo,the sled never overheats.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just wanted to give props to Matt on his flaps.

he goes above and beyond to help out and does whatever you need to personalize the flap to you IF thats something your looking at...and whether you customize it or just go basic design, his flaps are top notch and hold up excellent.

I installed one of his flaps on my 06 RMK 900 mod sled last fall and put it through the WORST and its been awesome. Ill be getting more for sure for my other sleds....

pis of my flap from Matt..THANKS as always buddy!!

PART_1292442898256.jpg

PART_1292442897539-1.jpg

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV

-Matt

Matt:

Rode yesterday in slushy conditions with another Pro RMK(a 155) with a stock flap. I left my scratchers up, his were down. Both running 125-127. Had him put his scratchers up and his temps moved up to 133. My flap was full on the inside, so was his(except where all the holes/slots are).

Yup, a little wider and little longer flap would be the ticket.

Thanks again for everything.

Don Z.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Thanks for all the support guys. We put a TON of time into having a true quality product that can be thrown over a mountain and be able to take the abuse of the most extreme riders and they haven't let us down yet!

We actually had a Pro-RMK logo getting ready to be put on the site but you beat us to it! Lol

I wanted to make sure we got this up now as the summer builds will be beginning soon im sure. I know mine is!

As always, a ton of color combos to choose from and if anyone has any questions, please call us or send me a PM or email and ill get back to you asap!

-Matt

PRO RMK_ Pro RMK.jpg

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Thanks for all the support guys. We put a TON of time into having a true quality product that can be thrown over a mountain and be able to take the abuse of the most extreme riders and they haven't let us down yet!

We actually had a Pro-RMK logo getting ready to be put on the site but you beat us to it! Lol

I wanted to make sure we got this up now as the summer builds will be beginning soon im sure. I know mine is!

As always, a ton of color combos to choose from and if anyone has any questions, please call us or send me a PM or email and ill get back to you asap!

-Matt

Ordered the RED PRO today, I think they look great, hope they help.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's a beauty of a buggy.

just wanted to give props to Matt on his flaps.

he goes above and beyond to help out and does whatever you need to personalize the flap to you IF thats something your looking at...and whether you customize it or just go basic design, his flaps are top notch and hold up excellent.

I installed one of his flaps on my 06 RMK 900 mod sled last fall and put it through the WORST and its been awesome. Ill be getting more for sure for my other sleds....

pis of my flap from Matt..THANKS as always buddy!!

PART_1292442898256.jpg

PART_1292442897539-1.jpg

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
I am not sure what happened, but for some reason it was charging Europe rates for Canada. The problem is fixed, the cost should read $22.99 to Canada.

I apologize for that, please let me know if shows something different.

Thanks!

-Matt

Premium Features