• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA Improved Stock Limitations?

L

leeindubois

Nov 20, 2007
Dubois, Wyoming
Hello I am new to hill climbing and I am beginning to prepare to race next year. I will be racing semi-pro as I am a new member and just had a view questions if anyone can help me out.
-I know that stock is stock. i want to have an improved stock sled then I could run it in improved stock and mod. What all can you have on an improved stock sled?
-I was reading the ISR rule book and it said in semi-pro you had to have a windshield... Is this true?
Any other info would help a lot I don't know very much about the technical rules..

Thanks for all the help in advance,
John

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
what brand of sleds are you riding? Cat, Pol or doo?
I think Try Free will have some sleds for sale if you like cat.
from what I know of RMSHA I dont think the windshild being on the sled is a deal braker. but I might be wrong

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
First off, the sled has to start as an OEM model sled from any manufacturer and keep the 'appearance' of an OEM sled. No class requires you to have a windshield, but do have restrictions on what you can do to the hood. List of parts that can be changed includes:

different -
shocks
skis
handlebars
track
clutching
porting
exhaust
intake

All these changes do have certain requirements you have to follow, but for the most part you can take a sled pretty close to mod as an improver. Semi-Pro CANNOT have nitrous or turbos. Also cannot swap out certain parts for lightweight stuff like seats, rear suspension, hoods. You are allowed to run aftermarket front ends i.e. ARSFX or Holz A-Arm kits. A good rule of thumb is to follow the hillclimb section rules as much as you can, and bring up any questions about setup to the Techs. They are really good to work with and will give you input on what should or should not be run on your sled. And as always safety gear is the main priority. Tether, tekvest, knee/shin guards, full faced helmet, proper snow flap setup. All these things will eventually get checked so have them in place. The more stuff you think you want to do to your sled, post it up and someone here can provide good input. Good thing is you have all summer to get things figured out. Good luck

racer

Premium Features