• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AcmtnCat went for a ride.......(scary)

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Tim was caught in a slide today. It was a good sized slide. very scary.
He is banged up and bruised but doing well. it broke initially right below him
but there was another break about 25 ft up that came down as well. This was back in a small little hill side pocket south of Nobbletts....

He and his sled were thrown through a small grove of trees. luckily Tim faired much better then the sled did. Tim was stopped facing down hill with 5 to 6 feet piled on top of his legs hips and lower back, his leg was wrapped around a pined against the tree.
He did have his arms out in front of his head and this allowed his to keep his head out of the snow..

I am so thankful for the outcome and having the crew on the hill to manage the situation and help get Tim off the hill. Thanks to my homies Adam(mtnpull) and Aaron(weisspow)....

I have some Amazing video of the situation, both pov from Tim and hand held from below. Tim's footage is absolutely terrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynAm5Wao1I

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
An eye opener for sure! Scared the hell out me. Super, super, super lucky!

I feel like I got ran the fvck over!

Thanks to the Crew! I'm home safe. The M6 is dead!

Last edited:

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Scary deal for sure. I am so glad that I didn't have to break out my beacon. Things could have been a lot worse, that's for sure.

Jacob, hurry up and put that footage together for us. My wife (and myself) are anxious to see it. My footage sucks, cause as soon as I saw it letting go I started running (riding) away like a little girl.

I feel like I got ran the fvck over!
That's because you did!

How about an update on the leg? Any issues?

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Tim, good to hear you're alright, it will be a real eye opener, as in you spend a few nights :face-icon-small-sho laying awake reliving the scenario :scared:. Heal up, and get back out there, you'll notice that you're going to look over the hills :face-icon-small-con a little differently now, which can be a good thing. Let us know any lessons learned so we can learn from your experience, what you did wrong, and obviously what you did right, and you must have done something right or this would be a different thread. Nice to have been riding with good people to help you through your ordeal. :face-icon-small-hap

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Scary deal for sure. I am so glad that I didn't have to break out my beacon. Things could have been a lot worse, that's for sure.

Jacob, hurry up and put that footage together for us. My wife (and myself) are anxious to see it. My footage sucks, cause as soon as I saw it letting go I started running (riding) away like a little girl.

That's because you did!

How about an update on the leg? Any issues?

Leg feels broken, but it's just bent, bruised and torn. More pain coming on by the hour! My neck, ribs and back feel like I was cage fighting with Silva!:heh:

I'm gunna say I might be done for the year.:face-icon-small-sad

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Sounds like you went through a rough one! The avy that I hit a boulder on the way down fawked me good. My tailbone hurt for about a year afterwards.

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
Glad you made it out alive, Tim :nod:
Where were you guys? I understand south of Nobblets, but was you on your way into the Mill Hollow area or?? Can't wait for the video. Hopefully we can learn something from it.
Jacob, are you or did you post anything on the UAC site?

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Leg feels broken, but it's just bent, bruised and torn. More pain coming on by the hour! My neck, ribs and back feel like I was cage fighting with Silva!:heh:

I'm gunna say I might be done for the year.:face-icon-small-sad

If Silva is a couple 60 ft aspens then you did. wait until you see it. I'm so suprised you are not more seriously broken.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah

Jacob, hurry up and put that footage together for us. My footage sucks, cause as soon as I saw it letting go I started running (riding) away like a little girl.

Just a few more minutes to publish..

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Glad you made it out alive, Tim :nod:
Where were you guys? I understand south of Nobblets, but was you on your way into the Mill Hollow area or?? Can't wait for the video. Hopefully we can learn something from it.
Jacob, are you or did you post anything on the UAC site?

Yes, I called Craig as soon as I had the chance after getting Tim checked out.
I also filled out the form online.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Scary deal, Sounds like you have a few days of super soreness coming !!
I guess we were just over the hill from you guys today !!

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Gald your okay scary scary deal. Sucks that your sled is dead but at least your alive and thats the important part. Rather be hurt then dead. Heal fast!

sandorsnow

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2009
utah
wow glad you're ok. looking at that hill in the video, I would have climbed that in a second and wouldnt think it would slide (maybe different looking in person).

I was going to go ride in my normal place today but was worried about slides, after seeing this, Monte wasn't so bad after all.

Heal up soon.

great video skills

sandorsnow

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2009
utah
when you were digging out, how was the snow? did it set up like concrete? or was it still soft?

Premium Features