• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What sled are you buying for the 2011-2012 season?

WHAT SLED WILL YOU BUY FOR NEXT SEASON

• PRO RMK

Votes: 513 46.8%
  • XP

Votes: 173 15.8%
  • M SERIES

Votes: 282 25.7%
  • NITRO

Votes: 55 5.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 74 6.7%

• Total voters

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Just curious to see who's buying a new sled for next season and what you are buying......

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
hmmm

Haven't seen much of the cats yet, so don't know, but
not a big fan of first year stuff anymore, so

Looks like a new Pro..

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
going to build me an old school REv with an 860 drop and roll 2.3 or 3 in lug track lenghth yet to be determined, at least a 156 16 wide.

Pending the sale of my 1200hundo turbo

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
going to build me an old school REv with an 860 drop and roll 2.3 or 3 in lug track lenghth yet to be determined, at least a 156 16 wide.

Pending the sale of my 1200hundo turbo
thats why I added other,I knew some would rather mod their current or even a new "old" sled..which sounds like a sweet sled you are planning....

C
Nov 26, 2007
Personally I think the new Cats aren't going to be as good as we think. Personlly the 600 class is going to make a come back in 2012 for all manufactures, except Yamaha. As for me I just bought this year a 07 Summit 800 144. Next year it will have a 155x16x2.5 2.86 pitch Camo Extreme. If you are going to buy a sled, buy used. Used back tell 06 or 07 depending on make. IMO for now util beck then those are the best bang for the buck sleds. Also don't really consider yamaha in here because they have kind of started there own market of mountain sleds with the 4stroke. Not putting it down, it is just in its own little world.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Im going with a new PRO!

I decided to wait to se how they held up the first year, and doesnt seem like there is any major issues yet.

Off course, if cat comes with something totally UNREAL I might consider one of those too;)

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
If cat comes out with a sweet sled I'll buy it. But for now it's looking like a 12' pro assault

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
my 08 154 turbo xp runs so great I will be keeping it for another year. I can't see getting a newer xp and doing all the same mods to it for not really much of any gain. I couldn't ride a non boosted sled after the sled I have now. Any new sled with all the mods to get it runing good, and reliably will cost alot more money then what I have now. Hate to spend all that money and not know if it will be better or worse then what I have now.
Can't wait to see what cat has comeing out. Eventually I may get rid of this turbo xp.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
New sleds and the price of gas

It's kind of hard to decide until every sled company has shown the 2012 models. But here's an interesting side thought. At what cost per gallon of gas does sledding or any other motorized recreation become too expensive? With all the new turmoil in the middle east having an immediate upward effect on gas prices, some are already predicting $5 (or more) per gallon. Do we want to drop $12,000 on a toy that we can't afford to fuel? And you also have to add the fuel costs of trailering hundreds of miles to the mountains.
I know it's a bummer, but you have to wonder.:face-icon-small-dis

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
You are really buying or not buying a sled based on the graphics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure why not? If it looks good then it will be bad azz right?

Just trying to be a smart azz. Heck, we have no idea what cat has up their sleeve, yet there are a few people ready to sign the check right now based on a couple of spy pics, rumors and some marketing videos. They could put a pile of rocks under the plastics of those sleds that are supposed to be 2012's and people would line up to buy them right now with no idea what might be different. I am sure it is that way in all the forums, but I don't have the patience to read about sleds I don't own.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
always rode ski doo's, the 09 has to go ......might be time to try a cat if they are going to live up to the hype. If not, another XP

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
It's kind of hard to decide until every sled company has shown the 2012 models. But here's an interesting side thought. At what cost per gallon of gas does sledding or any other motorized recreation become too expensive? With all the new turmoil in the middle east having an immediate upward effect on gas prices, some are already predicting $5 (or more) per gallon. Do we want to drop $12,000 on a toy that we can't afford to fuel? And you also have to add the fuel costs of trailering hundreds of miles to the mountains.
I know it's a bummer, but you have to wonder.:face-icon-small-dis

If gAs prices rise to $5 plus. This country will shut down literally. It's all supply and demand. If it happens it won't last long and you'll see prices drop back to $2.50-3 a gallon. This country could not run on that high of gas prices. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Good thought though

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I went with "Other". I just got back into sledding after spending 20yrs in the AF. I picked up an '09 700 RMK 155" and plan on doing some mods to it this summer. I also picked up an '02 600 RMK for the G/F with a plan of upgrading to a newer CFI 600 RMK next fall, but that isn't going to happen, so I put on a 2" bar riser and a WRP Freestyle seat (3" model) so it's more comfortable for her to ride.

Premium Features