• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 nytro with 180 MPI SUPERCHARGER

G

grizking

Nov 26, 2007
montana
I AM LOOKING AT MAYBE PURCHASING A 2010 NYTRO WITH A MPI 180HSP SUPERCHARGER.
DO THEY WORK WELL?
ISSUES?
UNDER POWERED?
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE EXPERIENCED
THANKS

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
I rode the demo an afternoon in the snowies. I was impressed with it. You could always order it then buy additional pulleys to change out to add more hp. I love my 08 i want to go to 162 like the 2010. Look up where you can demo them.

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
I rode the MPI and Push Nytro's and there is a difference with overall HP. The Push has more high end HP, but the MPI was a consistent power curve. I loved it, enough power to have fun and take you more places then all your stock friends. For the money a little less HP then I want but with a warranty Priceless!! Just my thoughts..

V
Aug 6, 2010
Chilliwack BC
I AM LOOKING AT MAYBE PURCHASING A 2010 NYTRO WITH A MPI 180HSP SUPERCHARGER.
DO THEY WORK WELL?
ISSUES?
UNDER POWERED?
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE EXPERIENCED
THANKS

Not sure how much money you are planning to spend... but here in BC, brand new from the showroom at Yamaha, you would be looking at almost 20 grand. So for anything close to that price, 15 even, you are waaaayyy better off and would be much much happier with a used turbo with 240+ hp for the same or cheaper pricing. If the sled is built properly, with all the money spent on suspension upgrades, track, venting, etc... you would have twice the sled then a new nytro with a 180 kit on it.

A sled with 1000-3000 miles on it should still be in mint shape mechanically since its a four stroke. I bought a used PL Nytro Stage 3 kit with EVERYTHING else done to it and i will literally not sell this thing for another 7 or 8 years. It had 3000 miles on it when I got it and its my best investment. I am running 15#'s of boost that's good for just shy of 300hp.

Biggest difference I have found between the turbo and supercharged systems is that for playing around on flat land/trees/smaller hills, then the supercharged system is nice for instant high hp. But if climbing bigger hills, or longer pulls... then a turbo is your better choice.

Good luck.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Rexburg Motorsports new 2010's on the floor for $12900 with the MPI 180 kit on them. I would love to ride one and see what it does.

Premium Features