• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

151 finger track

D
Dec 21, 2008
i am thinking of upgrading my track and was looking for some opinions on the 2.25 finger track or 2" challenger is either one any better than the other i do mostly mountain riding thanks

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
Finger does great in most conditions. Not by any means the best powder track. I have a finger track and really like it. Some days you wish your finger track was a paddle but for me most rides the finger track does great. The type of snow you ride in plays part in if a finger track will work good for you. I surely don't have regrets about it. If I start to regret it I still have my paddle track, but don't see it happening.

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
Fingers are great for hardpack and setup spring snow. Not so great for powder. They stand up better to all the garbage one finds at times when trenching. If your more into powder stay away from the finger they trench bad leave ya stuck.:face-icon-small-fro

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
i have rode both the challenger and the finger track bot are very good tracks right now i am using a challenger 2" and i love it does awsome in powder and fairly well on harder snow floats through snow alot better than the finger found that the finger track like to make real deep trenches. so to sum it all up i would go with the challenger works great in all conditions

M
Feb 2, 2011
i just rode my new sled today and it has a 2x159 finger track and it did amazing in the powder. i had more grip than my buddys 2x156 paddles. the snow was easily above my waist. i got stuck the least out of 4 people today.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
i just rode my new sled today and it has a 2x159 finger track and it did amazing in the powder. i had more grip than my buddys 2x156 paddles. the snow was easily above my waist. i got stuck the least out of 4 people today.

Finger tracks are horrible in powder and everybody but you apparently knows this.

They were designed SPECIFICALLY for spring/west coast/ hard snow conditions and that is the only place they shine.

M
Feb 2, 2011
Finger tracks are horrible in powder and everybody but you apparently knows this.

They were designed SPECIFICALLY for spring/west coast/ hard snow conditions and that is the only place they shine.

dont be a hater, this track worked great for me in the deep stuff and decent on the ice. i didnt say it was the best possible track for deep snow, so stfu. :D

Premium Features