• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 700 motor in a 2005 900 Chassis

A
Dec 3, 2007
Northern California
I had the miss fortune of tree vs. my 2006 700 RMK last weekend. Damage included all front plastic, left A-Arms and unfortunatly tweaked chassis up front. Pretty much a total.

Luckily, I happened accross a 2005 900 with motor gone in decent condition for $1000 off CL. I jumped before I thought much about the project because I new that "if" I could fix the bulkhead it would still be cheaper than the cost of parts new.

Is there anything I should be aware of that isn't compatable from 2006 vs 2005? I figured I would take as much as I could off the 2006 including electronics, handlebars, fuel tank ect.

Any words of advice?

Also, I will have a bunch of left over parts so if any fellow 700/900 owners are looking for something, let me know. I may have it when I'm done.

Thanks!
Steve

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I had the miss fortune of tree vs. my 2006 700 RMK last weekend. Damage included all front plastic, left A-Arms and unfortunatly tweaked chassis up front. Pretty much a total.

Luckily, I happened accross a 2005 900 with motor gone in decent condition for $1000 off CL. I jumped before I thought much about the project because I new that "if" I could fix the bulkhead it would still be cheaper than the cost of parts new.

Is there anything I should be aware of that isn't compatable from 2006 vs 2005? I figured I would take as much as I could off the 2006 including electronics, handlebars, fuel tank ect.

Any words of advice?

Also, I will have a bunch of left over parts so if any fellow 700/900 owners are looking for something, let me know. I may have it when I'm done.

Thanks!
Steve

good luck, everything is different on the chassis from 06-05 i made that mistake.

bulkhead, chaincase, driveshaft, jackshaft, steering hoop, steering column are all diff. because the 06 used 4 injectors so they had to reposition the steering to miss the injectors. putting and 05 in and 06 is easier. check this thread out of my build

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230466

Premium Features