• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil consumption

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
Just wanted to know how much oil everyone's Pro-Ride is using?

I can't go by mine, it didn't use any oil in its first 55 miles/half tank of fuel other than what was premixed. Dealer is checking that one out.

Thanks

P
Dec 12, 2007
Just wanted to know how much oil everyone's Pro-Ride is using?

I can't go by mine, it didn't use any oil in its first 55 miles/half tank of fuel other than what was premixed. Dealer is checking that one out.

Thanks

Mine did the same thing. 45 miles and I can't tell if it used a drop? Let me know what dealer says.

S

Sixat38

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
I was also told to watch the oil consumption. Make sure it is using oil. If not a bleed will take care of it. And for what it's worth the oil pump arm has a solid rod connection this year. Kind of a blast from the past.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have 120 miles on mine and I have yet to put oil in it! Scarey huh? I'm almost to the point where I'm going to remove the Polaris oil and go to AMS. I have run this sled very hard and had it in the deep last weekend. I keep a close eye on the temp gauge all the time.

On another note, the oil warning light seems to come on soon. I was well above the fill line and the oil light came on. It could just be the angle the sled was on when it had less than 1/2 tank of oil.

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
It is a little scary :face-icon-small-sho

If its stingy on oil, that's cool and I'm not complaining. Just want to make sure it has enough! I was expecting a little less than a quart per tank of fuel but sounds like that will be way too much for this engine.

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
Got a reply from the dealer who consulted Polaris. Unlike previous models, there is not really a way to test the oil system by simply pulling an injector line or bleed the system (I didn't ask for details).

Dealer put another dose of oil in gas tank and I am to fill with fuel. They put a sharpie line on the reservoir to mark where the level is. I am to ride it again and monitor. If the oil level does not go down, time for a more serious diagnosis. Sounds like normally the oil goes down VERY slowly. Might be so slowly I just didn't notice :rofl:

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That is sweet if it is legitimately and safely using that little oil....

Funny about the oil light coming on early, my 2001 RMK had that same trait....lol. Better safe than sorry I suppose!

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
Over the weekend I rode a total of 120 miles over two days and the oil level dropped very near 1" in the reservoir. I'll measure exactly how much it takes to refill.

Have 175 miles total.

O
May 2, 2008
i have 120 mi on my sled and its down about 1 in but the oil light is on and off all day long but tank is only half full will fill it up and see if it stays off no problemm as long as polaris is our sponsor ha ha

Premium Features