• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DETAILED INFORMATION:NEW LIGHTER WEIGHT CAMOPLAST CHALLENGER EXTREME TRACKS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
attachment.php

New Lighter Weight Camoplast Challenger Extreme Tracks

Camoplast introduces new lighter weight Challenger Extreme mountain tracks with improved lugs for even better performance in deep snow conditions.

With a weight reduction of 4 pounds (#9175M), the 2011 versions of this benchmark high country track weigh approximately 8 per cent less than the equivalent models being replaced.

Featuring the traditional Challenger design of outside edge lugs on one pitch followed by a center lug on the next pitch, the new Extremes are equipped with a 2.5-inch no-tooth lug. Every lug incorporates support towers in the center and on the edges for excellent lug support, but the section between the towers is thin and flexible under load to improve flotation in soft, bottomless powder.

The new Challenger Extreme tracks are available in:
  • 15-by-153-inch #9174M
  • 15-by-162-inch #9175M
  • 16-by-162-inch #9176M

With internal drive and a 3-inch drive pitch, they will fit Arctic Cat M-series snowmobiles equipped with Diamond Drive without drive or suspension modification, as well as fit other mountain models from other manufacturers.

This new series of track is a "Drum Molded" track as are the majority of the Camoplast Mountain Track line-up.

attachment.php

This photo shows the 9944M, which is the 16" wide track... this is the only one in this lineup that does NOT have paddles to the edge.
attachment.php

attachment.php

3.jpg CAMOPLAST NEW DESIGN CH EXTREME.jpg Untitled.jpg description.jpg LOGO.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I had a good 1 hour conversation with the people at Camoplast.

Camoplast has put a LOT of design time and effort into this new design, drawing on input from many people in the field and combining this with all the mfg and R&D experience from their past offerings, current offerings and the OEM mountain tracks.

They are only going to make limited numbers of these tracks for the first season.

This track design MAY make it into other sizes NEXT season....but for this year... the list above will be the only sizes this season.... to be released as the season gets into swing.

I'll be running one on my sled this year in the 153" size and I'll make sure to chime back in once I have some testing on this track.

This Track is a bolt in track for the Arctic M-Series.

For you Polaris, Ski Doo, and Yamaha owners...This track will not function with the factory drivers in your sleds. You would need to switch out to a special design Avid Products driver that is made for these tracks that are missing the larger involute driver nubs on the outside of the rail.

Maybe Robbie will chime in here and give us some info on these new drivers.

Good luck and Pray for Pow!!
MH

Last edited:
U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
I had one out this weekend on my nytro. My S/N 00002 haha

Seamed to work good, it didn't trench to much and worked really good in the trees.

It seamed to get me up on the snow faster but it has been a whole summer since i rode on my old challenger and there wasn't anywhere to make any great pulles.

One more thing is I thought it would be wild on ice because it doesn't have the little tites on it like the old challenger but it wasn't to bad.

Overal very happy:face-icon-small-hap

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
ohhhh, now this just looks YUMMY!!! and since I had heard some rumors about this in the making I held off on a new track last season after I put the turbo on! i could have resulted in some FANTASTIC carnage for the film so I guess it's a good thing but I was REALLY wanting THIS track under me at a few key moments last season!!! I can't WAIT to get my hands on it and give her a whirl. I remember the difference my camo extreme made on my 860 so I have a feeling I'm gonna have one heck of a season with the machine build coming along and this track putting the power to the ground!!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Dam Dave.

It worked Dam good!! lol

I was impressed with it's deep snow performance compared to the original Ch Ext.

It would not trench like the original Ch Ext did in the softer snow.

It does give up just a little to the orignal in our Sierra cement or firm spring snow.

Downhill breaking was stellar!

It was a big improvement over the 5.1 Polaris track in everything except for the super dry "blower" powder.

No delaminations or lost paddles running on a set of the Avid 7 tooth "AC Style" drivers I worked on Robbie with 2 seasons ago.

waycooljr

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2010
Sidney, MT
I put this track on my 11' HCR in a 162". Sad to say guys, but it's still a damn virgin!! Hasn't seen any snow yet. Hopefully next weekend, we have a trip planned, but I hope more snow falls soon!!! I will tell ya though, it goes really nice on dollies on a smooth garage floor!!!!
wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAGoALAAAAAAQABAAAAfggGqCalpiaVRSSmVcg41iVT40LSwwPEtnWo1nTzEoJiAhIycsO1eZal9OLyccCAgJBhMfKTtZhFYyJxeuCBBeXhgdKkVdYD8pHbwLYQEBZggmNllnOSgSDw4LBV5oZmQIISxIaTMlCQquCmhkZhsIGShN5CW8rg0bEQsIHPFnOCT1AiIYwQIKGCIoKjAoUG8BBQsnamTRcgSGCAUCErhaMGCBiBRGwKgRM2QFiAYCDhDoOCJFDyWDsAhpUcKDBA0cTKjoMeWUoDFAdLhgwaLFDSZKfA7aUiZJkCBRznRpFAgAOw==

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Does any one know the weights of the PC 162 vs the CE 162 (62 lbs)? I called Tracks USA and they only have the 9175. They were not in the store to verify if the new 9175M was stamped on the track or if the tips of the lugs were gone....

T.I.A.

Last edited:

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Thank you Mountainhorse!! I talked to Robbie @ avid he is setting me up.. doing the 153, 7 tooth 3" swap to my 146 assault. going to do the c3 belt drive at same time. Great info! Thanks again!

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
9174M

I love this track! Best thing I have done to my old M8. We ride in mainly set up snow and this has made my sled a wheelie machine. First time I rode with my group I had several people come up and ask me what I did to my sled. Powder performance is pretty dang good also. I know this is a old thread but I have rode a couple times this year and just impressed with this track. I am going to put one on my son's M7 I just bought.

Premium Features