• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Scratcher Install VIDEO

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
I know this isn't the 1st nor will it be the last scratcher install video :)
I have a few friends new to sledding this yr riding arctic cats so I wanted to show them the HOW TO. I also wanted to do my version of an install video using the same setup i have seen others do in the past (custom setup)

1st test of my new GoPro camera as well..
watch in 720HD its sexy! :)

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
i think by leaving my bogey wheels on i am helping in wear and tare of the hifax.. is this true? i'm pretty new to the wokring of a sled really.

i just replaced hifax after 3 seasons on one and like 2000 miles.. it was just stArting to wear through finally... with out bogey wheels will it wear down faster?

whats the advantage of not having the bogey wheels?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
You may see increased wear, however, I have found it to be a non issue(4000 miles) on 2 sets of hifax with a decent amoung of trail running to get to the riding areas). The front stock wheel mount holes make a perfect location for mounging scratchers, and it is as far forward as possible getting more snow from the scratchers on to the track, and slides (hopefully helping with your now lack of front wheels) and you dont have to drill ANY holes.

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
nice post

Thanks for the post, the instructions that come with them are crap

Only thing I did different was put some blue tape on there to cover up the hifaxes so I didn't get a bunch of aluminum shavings down in there from drilling...

Premium Features