• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pretty bored with my 08 600's looks

J

jpete27

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
Does anyone have a Polaris front end kit I can buy? Or maybe a link. I don't want to spend 400 or 500 bucks on it from Polaris.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I've done three now, an 07 600 RMK, an 08 D8, and an 08 700 RMK and have never spent more than $240 to convert to the 09 front end.

Also you can sell the old front end plastics to recoup some of the expense.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
thats exactly what i was going to say but i agree that the new front end looks much better but if i had to choose i would probably pick wrap

Wraps look cool but do nothing. The new front end protects your sled, supposedly helps with deep snow maneuverability, and it is much stronger. A friend of mine bought a used 08 polaris 600. He rode it for one day. Got to the truck, pulled on the front bumper to pull the sled up. He got a hand full of plastic and a really pissed off attitude.

Also, if you rap it, then destroy the cheap fenders on a twig, you might feel a bit upset. I flat out hated the plastics on my 05 900 rmk. They were my biggest gripe with the sled.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I'm getting quite a few pm's on this. I told Mountainhorse I would do a DIY thread with instructions and a parts list later today.

Unfortunately I never took pictures during the process. I do have many "after" pictures of the three sleds I've done, however my "SnoWest picture adding" skills are lacking.

Anyone wanting "after" photos can pm me their e-mail address and I will send them pics.

Ken

Premium Features