• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RMK SCHEDULED ON DYNOTECH RUNS NEXT WEEK

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This will be interesting...The sled is getting broken in past the "break in limiter" before bringing it to the Dyno

The new sled will be in their shop on Monday november 8.

Dynotech's new setup will have 20 degree F air from intake air refrigeration system, testing 93 octane all of which is @10% ethanol here, like they did with the other 800 brands.

They will try to find non-ethanol gas of some sort to see that result of changing the ethanol wires.

Jim will have a prototype PCV with which to tune fuel if necessary.

This will all be live on the dynocams.

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/

dyno3J.jpg

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Even though it doesn't realy matter, i must admit it will be very interesting to see what it produces. It is well known that with simple pipe, fuel, and head changes, the 08-10 engines run very well against the competition. I wonder if the new fuel injection system along with more and more EPA involvement will produce more or less hp than the past years. It should be a very big event when the hp numbers are finally displayed. It should make for some very interesting forum conversations/flaming.

My guess is 148 hp.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
It will be interesting to see, but to be truly worthwhile, they should have a new M8 and new ETec 800 to test on the same day.

Its Nice to see they are attempting to control the temp...but air density is a more important constant that takes into account temp, humidity, pressure, etc...all of which can change day to day.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
It will be interesting to see, but to be truly worthwhile, they should have a new M8 and new ETec 800 to test on the same day.

Its Nice to see they are attempting to control the temp...but air density is a more important constant that takes into account temp, humidity, pressure, etc...all of which can change day to day.

When considering air density, temperature and humidity are the biggest two. At 25 degrees C or 77 F dry air has a density of 1.1839 km*m^-3 whereas at -5 C or 23 F has an average density of 1.3163 km*m^-3. Right around 111% increase. 11% air density may not seem like alot but it makes a big difference. As far as humidity, any water vapor in the air will decrease air density.

As long as the compresser they are using doesn't add any water vapor they are controlling 2 of the 3 main factors in air density, humidity and temperature. As far as altitude, I could be wrong but I believe it is equivelent to about 2% every 1,000 ft. If somebody has better info on this chime in!

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Nice post ... Spoken like an engineer :face-icon-small-coo I believe it's more like 3%, assuming all other variables remain equal...imo

As far as altitude, I could be wrong but I believe it is equivelent to about 2% every 1,000 ft. If somebody has better info on this chime in!

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I'd prefer some numbers from SLP at higher altitude for us Westerners...still have to keep in focus both SLP and DynoTech are vendors.
Keep in mind that a lot of things change in actual riding conditions. Dyno results haven't mirrored the real world in the past. All you had to do was compare peak HP on the dyno (RPM's) to what worked in the snow to know something was wrong with the sea level dyno. Getting the conditions stabilized will help but I'm still not a believer.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Here is a guess 99.7 FT. LBS. @ 7950 RPM, and 151.7 BHP @ 8125 rpm. It really doesn't matter as the lightweight chassis will more than make up for the Bhp. Remember what is the hardest and most expensive upgrade? It would be the chassis and if I was you I would be thankful! The engine is just an airpump and the aftermarket will take care of that! Even thou I am a Cat fan I think this is the new bench mark to beat, + I think this year Mad Max is out for revenge, and I think it will get what it wants!

Have fun with this one
Mike

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I'd prefer some numbers from SLP at higher altitude for us Westerners...still have to keep in focus both SLP and DynoTech are vendors.
Keep in mind that a lot of things change in actual riding conditions. Dyno results haven't mirrored the real world in the past. All you had to do was compare peak HP on the dyno (RPM's) to what worked in the snow to know something was wrong with the sea level dyno. Getting the conditions stabilized will help but I'm still not a believer.

I agree being dynoed at a higher altitude would be better but Idaho Falls is still only at 4700 feet. By saying SLP and dynotech are vendors do you mean they would have biased results? I would like a number on a stock sled no additions. Not sure what could be biased about that! (Unless they turn around and dyno one with their pipe or fuel controller or both and it comes back 15+ hp? Is that what you mean?) As far as dyno numbers translating how these perform on the snow, makes absolutely no difference and I think Polaris has a very efficient way of putting it to the ground but, I would still like to know what these sleds are able to produce even though it may be at sea level. Never ridden my sled under 7000 feet and have no plans to unless we make a trip to BC but if this sled comes back hitting 155 with the way Polaris drive/clutching gets that to the track, I'm going to be a happy camper!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I agree being dynoed at a higher altitude would be better but Idaho Falls is still only at 4700 feet. By saying SLP and dynotech are vendors do you mean they would have biased results? I would like a number on a stock sled no additions. Not sure what could be biased about that! (Unless they turn around and dyno one with their pipe or fuel controller or both and it comes back 15+ hp? Is that what you mean?) As far as dyno numbers translating how these perform on the snow, makes absolutely no difference and I think Polaris has a very efficient way of putting it to the ground but, I would still like to know what these sleds are able to produce even though it may be at sea level. Never ridden my sled under 7000 feet and have no plans to unless we make a trip to BC but if this sled comes back hitting 155 with the way Polaris drive/clutching gets that to the track, I'm going to be a happy camper!

if you have never ridden low elevations...dont start...after riding down at sealevel where we start at...then going back up high where you ride....you wont want to ride anymore...that little 3% dont seem like much..but it is..it adds up fast....I think they will come out low to mid 150's.....

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
if you have never ridden low elevations...dont start...after riding down at sealevel where we start at...then going back up high where you ride....you wont want to ride anymore...that little 3% dont seem like much..but it is..it adds up fast....I think they will come out low to mid 150's.....

Haha! I know! I have ran the calculations at nominal conditions before and what we are riding is basically a tuned 600 at elevation. Would love to see what these 8's can do at low elevation. You said it right, wouldn't want to ride again....without BOOST!

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA

what does Dynotech sell besides dyno time?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
It doesn't matter but all us Poo junkies are always looking for something to brag or complain about so I'll be at the site on tues. I see Snow Tech lists the hp at 154 w/ the e-teck at 155 and surprisingly the cat at 155, where's the 163?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
What is the point of getting a dyno run at elevation??? Everyone converts their numbers to sea level so there is a standard of comparison. If they started doing runs at elevation some would be 4700, some 7000, and some 9000. What good would that do us? Obviously the numbers are lower at elevation than they are at sea level, but it is a very good standard of comparison.

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Which 2011 800 engine wikll be used?

Will the 2011 800 be a engine out of a RMK setup by factory Polaris for mountain riding or a 2011 800 from a Pro Rush setup by factory Polaris for flat land riding?

There is a huge differnce between the two in fuel and ecm management!!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'm glad Dynotech is finally putting my $25 to use and dyno'n the PRO! They really need to step it up and dyno a sled more than once a month considering a ton of people fork out $25 per year. Would also be nice to see Dynotech dyno more mountain sleds...

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
I've been watching the HCS forum commenting about dyno runs for a Rush at Dynoport. It appears to make about 147 hp.

..."Dynoport is taking a break while they wait on new programmers to become available , just as Jim is at DTR.

Now that oil is out of the gas on the initial dyno runs it's looking like 147 HP before any add ons so the new motor brings approx 3HP improvement over the older injector set up

That's not a revelation but if it comes with no studder bumps and better fuel milage that would be a bonus over the D8's

early indications show fuel is needed when adding a pipe

testing is far from over."

Premium Features