• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you had to get new clothing what brand would you choose??

If you had to get new clothing what brand would you choose?

• Total voters
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Just as the Title says please vote and below a reason why you would get the same brand again or why you are now switching brands.

I put up some major brands if I missed one you like it was not that I did so on purpose.

Last edited:
C
Oct 5, 2009
Vail, CO
I have no first hand experience with any snowmobile apparel companies. But I voted for and recently purchased Klim gear simply because of the GoreTex membrane. Recieved it a few days ago and the stuff looks BUILT. Who knows what winter will bring though.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Motofist here..reason is because I currently use polaris e-vent and it performs much better then the polaris goretex gear I have used in past seasons...the event just seems to breathe better.....I find I dont have all my zip vents cranked open all the time like i did with the goretex gear...

K
Oct 6, 2010
I know a lot of people are concerned with moisture and such but what is the best fabric for warmth and stopping the wind? Just seems the new eVent stuff is more for warmer temps and just releasing sweat.

I'm looking to buy some new stuff this year and I'm torn between all of it.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Event.

I had the guys at Pro-Lite gear in Bozeman do a demo between a gore-tex membrane and an event membrane and the event performed much better. That being said when I do re-gear I am going to lean towards more high-end ski gear from them because they stand behind everything they sell and I can run it into their shop and they will give me new stuff if mine doesn't work the way I want it to. I bought a set of prototype ice climbing gloves from them and they are the best gloves I have ever used. Most of the time they are a little too warm, but they are great. I have all Klim stuff now, and have been happy with most of it, minus a few items. Maybe I am just trying to break away from the Klim army that seems to be roaming the hills now. Although that may be a testament to how good there stuff works. My 02.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Every peice of gear I own right now is Klim exceot the HMK Cyclone coat I got at the jackson hole hill climbs last year.

I dig the coat. When its time to replace my Klim stuff I'll most likley wind up with more HMK stuff.

K
Klim, there is a reason why everyone wears it

Klim is no doubt a pioneer in good winter weather gear but there's competition out there now that is proving as good or better. Klim has been around for awhile and it's proven to work well but dam is their stuff expensive! Maybe some competition will force them to bring their prices down a bit. If Motofist or eVent is cheaper I'm going with one of those. Klim is no longer the only show in town.:beer;

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
With all my searching it seems I'm going with Klim. They're the only brand that makes a tall. Unfortunately their women's gear is slim pickings and barely long enough for me (even the tall). So once again I will buy men's gear. :face-icon-small-sad

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Carhart X2 REDNECKS RULE!!!! HA HA

Been using Klim for the last 7 years. No complaints here.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i used to wear all the other brands too and probobaly because some of it was cheaper, but i was tired of being soaking wet after a ride and decided to try the klim gear and will not wear anything else, guaranteed if you try it you will agree with me.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if i had $.id try scott....
2167072540.jpg

but ripped klims will do this winter.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If i had to choose id just go with whatever michelle was selling at oregon trail sports

Premium Features