• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how to change the primary spring

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
this may be a dumb question but ive only done a primary spring change once on a polaris p-85 clutch off the engine. so i guess u can do them on a cat on the motor? how do i go about doing this? i remember we used a drill press to compress the clutch to bolt the cover back on on the poo.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Pull the 7/16" bolts out of the cover slowly, loosening them a little at a time, rotating the clutch so you are pulling them out evenly. Remember to mark the cover and the spider/clutch so you get the cover back on the same way you took it off. The older clutches have marks cast in them to line it back up, the newer ones just have a paint mark that may have worn off. Really easy, just put it back together the same way you took it apart.

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Yes it goes together the same way.. It sounds harder than it really is..

if you have a 10-12" long bolt you can run it thru the middle after pulling it from the crank. then unthread the bolt after you get the cover bolts out.

Premium Features