• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Clutch

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Who has ran a team clutch on a turbo 4 stroke and what setup(helix, spring) has worked for you? I am working on a custom setup in a Rev chassis and I want to use the rev driveline, so i either have a stock doo button clutch or a team clutch without making a new driveshaft.

So hoping someone may have some experience with it. I am only making 240 hp max. So it is not a wild amount of hp.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The Team clutch works so well I have run it for 3 seasons on my trx1 with 0 problems -- I can not even remember what is in it I can get you the specs in the fall when I service the beast for next winter.

I just ad weight to the primary when I crank up the boost. Never need to mess with the secondary from 12 to 18 pounds it holds a nice steady shift.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Sweet

The Team clutch works so well I have run it for 3 seasons on my trx1 with 0 problems -- I can not even remember what is in it I can get you the specs in the fall when I service the beast for next winter.

I just ad weight to the primary when I crank up the boost. Never need to mess with the secondary from 12 to 18 pounds it holds a nice steady shift.

That would be awesome, I have not found a ton of guys running a team setup so it will be nice to hear what is working for you.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I ran a straight 44 helix with the stiffest spring that team makes for them on my rmi turbo. It did get the belt hot on long pulls though, but that was a gates extreme belt.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

I ran a straight 44 helix with the stiffest spring that team makes for them on my rmi turbo. It did get the belt hot on long pulls though, but that was a gates extreme belt.

That is good to know, especially since i have a 44 already. Do you think the belt was getting hot because it was a gates? or is a gates actually a better belt?

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Its hard to say. I am sure that a yammi belt is better though. The sled has an rmi gear drive so it was a 51 1/2" long belt with a hauck roller primary. I think if I could have put a yammi belt on the sled that it would have worked better. They didn't make one the right length for it though.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
I am also interested in trying one on my nytro but would like to here some opinions before i drop the $750!

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
After having one, I would just stick with the stock yammi setup. I think that the team rollers are over-reactive. I think for big power that the button style is better. My current sled has the stock secondary and I haven't had to change the belt yet and it's always cool to the touch. My clutches and belt on my other sled with the team roller would burn you if you touched them and I tried a few different clutch combo's. Scott from Diamond S said that the roller clutches don't hold the belt tight enough to prevent slipping with big power. If they worked then more people would be chiming in here helping out. I had the same problem when I had it on my sled, no one found a setup for it that seemed to work and everyone I talked to went back to the yammi button clutch.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
hmmm.....

Well, I have two choices for secondary clutching right now.

Stock doo button secondary.

Team Roller Secondary.

I need to make it work with one of these. I can get a tight spring for the stock doo secondary and I have a number of helix's for it.

Another Idea is to use a torsion spring in the team secondary. This will add twist to it to increase pressure on the belt. I can't figure out why the team is not set up to twist the spring?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I guess to sum up my rant, I'd try the button first since you already have it, and if it doesn't work then try the team?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Team

I have the team already as well.

I have the doo clutch setup with the heaviest spring that skidoo makes and a decently steep helix from my older doo turbo.

I also picked up a slew of team helixs at haydays for cheap. The only thing I don't have is a heavy spring for the team. I have straight helixs from 42 to 48 for it though. it looks like the polaris turbo guys are running straight 48s in the teams.

I will give both a try.

Premium Features