• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch options 04 900 MC

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Hey guys,

So I'm going through my 5K+ sled this summer and rebuilding the motor, getting a new clutch, gearing it down, new steering post... etc. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for clutches to replace what I have stock. Countrycat.net showed the clutch being almost $500.00, which sounds ridiculous. I'm open to any suggestions you guys might have.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh and thanks for the SPI piston suggestion in the other thread. I'm going to run with those instead of the stock AC pistons.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Highmark18 (rv sports) usually have them for around $250, best deal going. You got good life from the factory parts, why chance after-market.

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
parting out 04 kk efi 900

I am parting out my king cat. Get ahold of me if you want to look it over. I had both clutches reciently rebuilt and only a couple of rides on them. I have a pile of new and aftermarket parts as well.

Jul 7, 2006
kalispell MT
Team Tied???

I put one on my 1107 tripple in a MC chassis and was amazed how well this thing worked. I wrecked the sled so I'm kinda mad cuz I just got it tuned where I wanted it. The thing backshifted amazing and with a soft spring to boot. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this clutch on SW.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I put one on my 1107 tripple in a MC chassis and was amazed how well this thing worked. I wrecked the sled so I'm kinda mad cuz I just got it tuned where I wanted it. The thing backshifted amazing and with a soft spring to boot. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this clutch on SW.

Which one did you put on it?

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
So would there be a noticeable advantage to moving to the 6 post helix primary (0746-648) and the Team Tied secondary? I'm pretty much a novice on clutch tuning and I've never done anything other than swap springs and trade weights.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
So would there be a noticeable advantage to moving to the 6 post helix primary (0746-648) and the Team Tied secondary? I'm pretty much a novice on clutch tuning and I've never done anything other than swap springs and trade weights.

I can't address the Team secondary but at a minimum the the 6 post will be much more durable than the 9 post.

Premium Features