• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch engagement rpm?

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
right now my sled engages at 5000 rpm, i mostly ride off trail, and i don't like how high i have to rev the motor to start moving. what rpm should my sled be engaging at? thanks for any help

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
right now my sled engages at 5000 rpm, i mostly ride off trail, and i don't like how high i have to rev the motor to start moving. what rpm should my sled be engaging at? thanks for any help

Stock that sled was about 4500 and that was almost to low. The motor does not make enough power get out of its own way unless the engagement is up close to 5000. Have the side clearance checked with a new belt (should be about 10 thou.or under). if there is to much clearance there it will make it to harsh taking of too.

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
okay, thanks, i am used to a sled that engages at 3500 so i'll just have to get used to taking off at 5000

i'm taking the clutch in to get serviced here shortly and that will probably help with the takeoff as well (the clutch hasn't been serviced since 2003)

Last edited:
Premium Features