• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My OVS kit is awesome with a capital A!

Bought the OVS race gas turbo kit for my new leftover 09 m8 - decided to do it all myself including the welding required for the stinger. I can tell you that I have the greatest sense of satisfaction when I crack that throttle and wheelie up the lines I only dreamed of before. It's friggin awesome!
tahoemukturboweb.jpg

Last edited:
K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
looks like your trying to show more of your car than your turbo... turbo barely made it in the picture! :face-icon-small-con

S

Snow X

Feb 13, 2010
Took it out to the Alpine Assassin's Huckfest 2010 at Jackson Meadows outside Truckee CA today- The sled dominated in the drag races and I walked away with a first place overall drag race champion trophy! Thanks again OVS
That's funny because as of about five o clock No one could touch my POLAIRS 900 !!!!! Saturday.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Now that's funny right there.... 900 polaris taking a race gas turbo m8, Everybody knows how that would turn out.

Yeah, NO KIDDING... everybody knows the poo 900 is the best sled on the snow!!:party:

Good to hear about someone that's happy with a self installed kit. It sounds like they're getting better at directions & making them consistent, that's great for all of us!

ratio

using the m8 map right off ovs website- it was running about 11.9 air fuel and I twisted the boost up to about 12lbs- probably could of gotten by with 10 but I didnt want to leave any room for doubt.

They gave me a pretty cool trophy for the trouble. I'll have to go back again next year and try to defend, but if NeverSatisfied or SnowDevil show up with the 1200 turbo's I'll be bitter like the guy with the poo 900!

Last edited:
self install

no doubt the self install was a huge undertaking, so if you arent sure of your mechanic skills and don't have the time (read as 4 full days) - dont try it yourself. You would be better served to go to UT and install it with the boys at OVS. (which I probably should have done) But in the end- I love it and I did it myself and I'm just a little bit better at welding because of it- so in my book ... time and money well spent - not to mention I fully understand the system and know where every part goes and what it does.

gas

yep full 110 sunoco race gas from allied in reno - from what I found in researching the turbos, the race gas option is a good way to insure the right octane every time plus if you are going to spend the money why not go for the extra horsepower- Mine runs about 9.5lbs thru bottoming out my boost guage at 15lbs no problem with a turn of the knob- YEEHAW!

T
Jan 10, 2008
yep full 110 sunoco race gas from allied in reno - from what I found in researching the turbos, the race gas option is a good way to insure the right octane every time plus if you are going to spend the money why not go for the extra horsepower- Mine runs about 9.5lbs thru bottoming out my boost guage at 15lbs no problem with a turn of the knob- YEEHAW!

Thanks for the info!! btw, what boost were ya racing at last weekend when you won?

S

Snow X

Feb 13, 2010
using the m8 map right off ovs website- it was running about 11.9 air fuel and I twisted the boost up to about 12lbs- probably could of gotten by with 10 but I didnt want to leave any room for doubt.

They gave me a pretty cool trophy for the trouble. I'll have to go back again next year and try to defend, but if NeverSatisfied or SnowDevil show up with the 1200 turbo's I'll be bitter like the guy with the poo 900!
You Artic Cat Guy's are loads of Fun and easy two screw with!!!!! Just wish I had hung around a little longer.

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
OVS

Ovs all the way, luv my RG 1000.... Brad did my install......

Premium Features