• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

primary clutch wear? whats wrong!

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
I took apart my clutch to give it a quick clean up for the summer.
Last ride out I put new rollers on it but 2 of them after one ride are not in great shape at all!! so something is up.
also check out the pics attached. There is some wear marks that don't look good!! There is wear on the shaft that slides in also. and in where it slides..
can bad ramps caus this?
when I got the sled who ever had it before had the clickers at 3,3 and 4.
so hense why I had to change the rollers...
So I am wondering should I change the rollers and ramps. or do I have more issues. Brew said could be my shaft bushing.
Buttons seem to be pretty good...

IMG_5623.jpg IMG_5625.jpg IMG_5626.jpg IMG_5627.jpg

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
your bushing in the spring cap is shot..everything goes downhill if its not within spec

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Looks like the bushing in completely gone. That means the other bushing in the movable sheave is probably also shot.
Also, tough to tell for sure, but in the last pic the arm looks like it is off to one side and crooked, so I'm thinking the arm bushings are bad too.....should pivot easy but with very little detectable play in any direction.

Last edited:
W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
do I need special tools to change those bushings???
can I screw it up?

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
also the wear on the shaft... its not gawged real deep but has some scratches.. should I emery cloth them out? or what ?

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
order a new spring cap,it comes with the bushing...id buy a new fixed half..im really anal about clutchs..things have to be perfect..go over everything

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
2009 spring cup/bushing...your ramps are junk (they cannot look like they do in the pic)...new rollers on good/new or resurfaced ramp (old school trick for those with the right tools)...movable sheave bushing too...BJ

Premium Features