• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water Skipper Project

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
IT started as a 97 sks 700 136" 2" Paddle Track

I want to have more fun in the summer.. So i started reducing weight..

Out came the Drill and Saw

Moved the tach to the front Bumber.
Drilled holes in belt Cover

Made a custom Hood Filled in all the holes So no water could splash in and get the belt wet.

etc...

Picture 063.jpg Picture 087.jpg Picture 061.jpg

P

polarisaddict

Nov 30, 2007
nice water crosser, but from my own experience and ive had several different water sleds over the years, you should try and seal up the belt guard/compartment and leave the cab open for good ventilation, a little bit of water coming in the vent wont hurt anything if the clutches are protected, also you could gear down a bit and do some rear suspension mods and remove the oil injection, then you would have a nice water crosser on you hands for sure, i had a 98 xc 7 all set up for the water she went real good i wish it had flat slides tho the keihins were hard to tune for the summer, i also used the oil tank as my gas tank works good but dont last to long, only get 1 or 2 laps around the lake and your coming back but its about perfect cuz shes gettin hot anyway, for the last 5 years ive been running a 91 indy 500 all set up nice nice, it goes awsome for a 500, it'll do laps around the lake all day. i used the oil tank for the fuel tank as well on it but it lasts more then long enough for the little 500. Its probably the funnest water sled ive ever built because it doesent get going 100 mph on the water, it holds around 55-60mph tapped out on the water, perfect for playing around. people cant believe she goes like she does when they first see the abortion.lol i call it the h2o king.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Sweet.. Nice sled..

Adding..

Yes i removed the oil Injection.. I put a Funnel to still Lube the Crank Bearing as a Oil Bottle.

Made a Custom Hood Covering all the Vents So Water wouldn't Splash in With fiberglass and Painted it all Silver.

The trick comes in on the chain Case.. I removed the cover and Started Drilling Large holes in the cover not to harm the little notch that holds the tensioner on.. No Lube right NOT u used CHAIN Lube for the Fourwheelers Every Run i would spray it down!! Worked Sweet.. And alot lighter !!!

Till next time!!!

Matt

T

thewished

Jan 13, 2009
Bend, Oregon
Sweet.. Nice sled..

Adding..

Yes i removed the oil Injection.. I put a Funnel to still Lube the Crank Bearing as a Oil Bottle.

Made a Custom Hood Covering all the Vents So Water wouldn't Splash in With fiberglass and Painted it all Silver.

The trick comes in on the chain Case.. I removed the cover and Started Drilling Large holes in the cover not to harm the little notch that holds the tensioner on.. No Lube right NOT u used CHAIN Lube for the Fourwheelers Every Run i would spray it down!! Worked Sweet.. And alot lighter !!!

Till next time!!!

Matt

Hmm... sounds like it will work, heck even bikes only get lubed every ride and they are exposed to everything

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would have never guessed that it would support 3 guys!
Would love to see you take your sled for a ride when the project build is finished.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
a few years ago I crossed water at about 10 mph or less with my 07 m1000 162 with gen II skis on it, could not believe it stayed on top the water. the only weight lost was it had a slp full pipe. I would even say I was closer to 7 mph once, it just glided right across. (even turned slowly)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
a few years ago I crossed water at about 10 mph or less with my 07 m1000 162 with gen II skis on it, could not believe it stayed on top the water. the only weight lost was it had a slp full pipe. I would even say I was closer to 7 mph once, it just glided right across. (even turned slowly)

VIDEO?

Premium Features