• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Etec Belt #

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
I noticed there is a new part # for the 2011 belt.
Does anyone know if it is actually the same belt or if it really is different?
If it is the same I will keep my extra one from my 2008 for a spare...

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The new belt (391 ?) is a softer compound. Not sure if I like that or not. We will be playing ALOT with the clutching on the E-tech and will go with what combination works best, it will have to be consistant and durable which traditionally softer belts are not. The belts are both the same price.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
so for now I will keep the 377 belt too until you report on your findings.. but I am guessing you guys won't have any big testing until some time into next winter?

what does the softer compound do? probably grabs harder eh? light soft tires...

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
new number

The demo we rode had the old belt on it, and the rep said either will work.
I don't know why they would want to go with a softer belt, the current one is rock solid, I have 2540 miles on two belts. Last year I swapped them out about every other ride, but this year I just rode the thing. Same belt all season. IMHO I think either belt would be fine. I asked my dealer if I could swap out my new xtra I have for the new number and as they are the same price, and I still have it in the cardboard, they are going to swap me. I might wait till the new sled gets here, and ride it a bit to make sure we don't have a 2008 mid year change back to the old belt kind of thing.......

safe riding!
Mark

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
This from a test guy at BRP, the new belt for next year 391 is the same belt with a new compound on the side to help prevent the cords from pulling...you can run either belt...I have not had issues with my 09 and the 377 belt getting 1200 km on it before I pull it off....been through 3 and am on my 4th with 4647km on the sled...

Premium Features