• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will this clutch fit?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
sorry for a generic question, and i am sure its been asked many times...but i am on my phone now and its very hard to search the threads with it..

WILL a primary drive clutch from an 06 RMK 900 (standard OEM crank) fit on an 09 Dragon 800 (all stock as well)??

The clutch in question also has the electric starter ring gear attached, if it matters..

any help would be appreciated..

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
is it possible to have it machined out cost effectivly???

who knws..i suppose anything could be done..

i was gonna sell this 30mm taper primary to a guy but if it wont fit he wont buy it...

but if a guy had the resources to do something like that it would be a cheaper option then new..

what model sled have a 30mm taper besides the 05-06 700/900 sleds? (what about the EDGE series or newer??)

if anyone is interested in it let knw

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
who knws..i suppose anything could be done..

i was gonna sell this 30mm taper primary to a guy but if it wont fit he wont buy it...

but if a guy had the resources to do something like that it would be a cheaper option then new..

what model sled have a 30mm taper besides the 05-06 700/900 sleds? (what about the EDGE series or newer??)

if anyone is interested in it let knw

All Domestic built twins had the 30 mm taper including Edge, Wedge, and Gen II. The Fugi built twins and triples used a different taper.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dave..

thank you for the great info...much appreciated...

now someone buy this clutch, so i can buy some more parts i probably dont need, lol..

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
All Domestic built twins had the 30 mm taper including Edge, Wedge, and Gen II. The Fugi built twins and triples used a different taper.

All Polaris sleds had 30m taper before 07, they did have a long shaft and a short shaft but it was still 30mm.
mountainhorse is correct it is 32 taper for cfi 07 newer sleds, I have been working on to many of the damnd cats with 33mm sorry for the confusion:face-icon-small-ton.

Premium Features