• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TEAM secondary(HELP STAT!!)

T

THA_Natty

Jan 5, 2009
Great Falls, Montana
I need help removing the helix from my secondary. got the 4 screws out, but i cant get the helix to pop out. any help would be great. sooner the better. thanks

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hold it in your hands and smash it into the floor or work bench. The center shaft is what you should be hitting the floor/bench with. It will pop right out.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
A slight drop of the clutch on a wood block usually gets it done. A friendlier way is to loosen the adjuster nut/set screw and give it a little twist. Just mark it and it will be real easy to put back into adjustment. Credit to SDCoyote. :thumb:

T

THA_Natty

Jan 5, 2009
Great Falls, Montana
After much deliberation last night it finally just popped out. Im guessing you have got to get those rollers lined up just right. thanks for the rapid responses guys i appreciate it!

14eer

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Next time

Next time try this. The spring holds the sheaves together. That tension pivots on the axis of the adjuster bolt . Imagine a line from the center of the clutch out to the adjuster bolt and on out to the outside edge. Pinch the sheaves together at this point with one hand and twist/pull the helix with the other hand. Works every time for me.

Premium Features