• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKIS

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
search.

At least two threads in the last month, one of them with a poll & an exhaustive explanation of the different skis & reasons why people prefer them.

fyi, the search box top right is garbage, use the one in the black bar above & use the advanced search, it works very well.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/search.php is the good search.

You don't even need the search, the big thread on it is only ten threads down!

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yes, read all the posts you can find on the topic. There are fans of the CA Pro, Slydog, Mods, etc. I researched the daylights out of the exact same thing and ended up buying SLP Powder Pro skis.

Then do a search for "Carl's Cycle Mod" and you'll learn even more.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
Yes, read all the posts you can find on the topic. There are fans of the CA Pro, Slydog, Mods, etc. I researched the daylights out of the exact same thing and ended up buying SLP Powder Pro skis.

Then do a search for "Carl's Cycle Mod" and you'll learn even more.

here are the Carl's Mod Ones

I ended up getting some Simmons Gen 1s before this season. They're a lot better than stock, however I like my dads regular Powder Pros more after riding it.

S
Dec 29, 2008
White Salmon, WA
Carls cut!

I've been riding PP's now for 2 seasons, but before I took my winter trip this year I had a buddy use his band saw and put the carls cut on my Powder Pro skis. Since I'm light (165 lbs dry) it made a huge difference for me to be able to get the sled up on one ski !

Premium Features