• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Gen 3 skis

S

Sled169

Had a chance to test out the new Simmons Gen 3 Skis this past weekend. They made my dragon ride a lot better, the 8 inch width made it very stable on the trail, carving through the new powder in Halfway was a blast, they make a good sled float even better. Fast or slow the skis reacted very well in every situation. I am looking forward to more testing this weekend.I think they have hit on the perfect balance in the width of the skis. Thanks Val & Michele for giving me the chance to test them out.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
When I heard about them last year...I've been waiting to try them.

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
I tried them out on Shad Simmons' propane turbo Nytro. I was impressed - and these were the prototype skis. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a set before next winter. And, after that test ride, I'm really thinking a propane turbo might be the next thing on the list to save for. WOW!

S

Sled169

Hopefully you get some pics, they always help. were they too wide like the GEN2s? the gen2 make it alot harder to sidehill because of the width.

They are 8 inches wide compared to the 10 inches the Gen 2 are. I did not noitce any issues with side hills. If anything was different I think it actully held better on the sidehill. The gen 3 is only 1 inch wider per side than the stock ski is. To me it was just enough to make the sled more stable when carving in soft snow. One thing I have always disliked about the dragon is the over balance point when carving, it always seemed to pull over to easy for me. It felt like I was always over riding the chassis, I rode the rev for a long time and have onyl been on the dragon for two years.

These skis really helped me with the over balance issue, now when I pull hard on it it reacts and stops rather than going over that balance point and tipping over or over sterring the wrong way.

The skis look very much like the gen 2 only not as wide. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Here are a couple pics of the bottoms....

MotoSidehillin.jpg

IMG_2772Medium.jpg

Last edited:

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Here are a couple pics of the bottoms....

MotoSidehillin.jpg

IMG_2772Medium.jpg

Gee wonder where he got those?????Hmmmmmm...LOL Scott after Jay tries them again this weekend give me a shout and i will ship them too you for the weekend on your next ride. The offer goes out to other peeps as well if you want to try them just pay the shipping and i will let you try them out I have two Sets for Demo's so hit me up....

541-523-3500 Michelle

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
These skis are the real deal. My wife has a set on her XP. They're great like any simmons on the trail, but their performance off trail is the impressive part. The new keel design really works in the deep snow. They have a good aggressive grip for sidehilling and down hill turns. Simmons really improved their product with this ski.

I was thinking about trying to trim the Gen 2's down for a TM8, but after riding the gen 3's I'll wait till they're released next year. The 8" width is great.

Something to keep an eye out for also are the little snow deflection tabs that mount on the heel of the ski. The set we have puts a spray of snow on the front of the track. They seem like a good addition.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
any pics of these skis? whats the price

Won't be available to buy till next year we don't have prices YET but probably in the same ball park as the Gen2's. I will take some pic's in the morning and post them up before jay comes and takes them again.

Michelle

Premium Features