• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

secondary froze on!

D
Jul 16, 2009
anyone else have this problem? I havent had the secondary off in a long while, so I thought I would pull it off. No can do. It dosent want to move at all. Sprayed WD40 type of product in the bolt mount area to get the shaft soaked, still no good. I think the square key, shaft and clutch have decided to become one! Any ideas here? Not sure what type of puller I could use...
This is on a 02 Mtn Cat 800

DirtdoctorLJ

Lifetime Membership
Mar 10, 2008
Miller, SD 57362
My buddy had this on his MC and he tried everything, eventually he tipped the sled on its side and kept putting a knocker loose penetrating oil on there for a couple days and tapped on it with a 2 x 4 and small hammer and it came loose. Good luck.:face-icon-small-dis

mp_2009

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Great Falls MT
Most times you got to remove the 2ndary with the jack shaft and press it apart. Screw with it long enough and you might get lucky?

i can pull my 2ndary off anytime just take the belt off and take the bolt out the primary is a different story tho

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You will probably have to borrow a puller for it. You should be pulling it off at least every year, cleaning it, replacing springs, checking rollers and bushings.. Put anit seize on the shaft when you replace it.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Arctic Cat makes a puller for this. I don't know the part number but any good dealer should have one. The suggestions about putting the sled on its side and the penetrating oil as well as taking the shaft out and using a press have worked for me in the past too.

Premium Features