• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Belt Drive

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Well we just finished shipping out our first 12 belt drive kits. We will have an install video on youtube later today if any one wants to see how the install goes. We are ordering the next 12 on Monday the 8Th of March. The cost of the next 12 will have a 10% discount and be$901.00. These are the gearing options 1:2.00/1:2.10/1:2.22/1:2.33/1:2.40/1:2.52 we can order so if you want a specific ratio a deposit will guaranty you get what you need. For more details call Kevin @ C3 PowerSports (250) 833-3538

Last edited:

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Can i ask what the benefit is over tradional chainchase. What is projected belt life? And is there a weight gain to be had?

B
Jan 22, 2009
The benefits will be reduction in weight (2lbs) along with reduced rotating mass, and no oil required. If a belt does happen to break, it is a simple replacement of the belt that can be done on the hill as opposed to spending $600 on a new chain and chain case plus labor and having to get towed or heli'd out.

One chain breakage basically pays for this kit.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Can you "feel" the difference between this setup and the stock setup? I remember CMX saying that theirs provided a much more efficient transfer of power. However some people said they wouldnt touch another belt drive with a ten foot pole after using them. So I guess my question is how does it feel compared to stock. How many miles do you have on your test setups? Any failures?

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Cory Micku has about 800km on our 1st prototype with no failures and Cory said he feels safer with a belt in his back pack that can be easily changed anytime un like a chain

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
dont want to be rude on this but seriously you cant feel a defence, i would think atleast 10-15% more effiecent than the conventional chain system. the gears gatta be lighter than stock let alone the chain and the wasted power spinning all this with oil in it. at the end of the day i am all for this product and may be calling.

I mean if you are not getting more down to the ground then whats the point really. I have yet to break a chain on sled in 15yrs of ridin, mayby i am lucky lol.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Not bashing. Just a qusetion. It seems like the belt is a little long as it has a pretty good arch in it. Does this cause added stress as it does with a chain and does the belt stretch much requiring tightening and adding more arch in the belt with any adverse effect. Other wise it looks great and well built.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
The belt has almost no permanent stretch, and doesn't require re tightening often.

The arch on the back side is fine... back side idlers are acceptable for this belt. This often causes stress on silent chains because they can't bend backwards by a very large degree but isn't an issue with this belt.

Here is a video of the installation:

http://www.c3powersports.com/content/syncrodrive-installation-ski-doo-xp
Brian,
Installed mine today and like to say great job on the product. Very easy to install and great workman ship. Hope to get out and try it as stock chains haven't been standing up with a 174x2.5x16 and 860. Only getting about 200 miles before chain is stretched and ready to give problems. Keep chain tight and with hard pulls the chain keep stretching . Was going to go with 15 wide until you fellas built this. Hope that it stands up. Will giver a test. (20/49 Gearing with the chain)2.45
R.C.
Thanks again

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Any snow and ice damage? Why not put prefilter material over it just in case?

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 SyncroDrive

Snow and ice are not an issue because of the synchronous belts that are used. They are different from other types of belts, such as your clutch belt, as these belts and sprockets use a tooth/grove which offers the same non-slip engagement of a chain.

These belts also resist moisture from snow and ice and are almost completely covered from the elements with the Carbon cover and your side panels. Therefore a Pre Filter material or a full guard would just be added weight and complexity as well as increased costs.

The new SyncroDrive is maintenance free and requires no chain oil or lubrication (no more greasy hands). It reduces rotating mass and resistance from chain case oil which allows for a more efficient delivery of power to the track. This System also allows you to easily switch between gear ratios for different types of terrain to maximize your power/torque where you need it.

It's a lot simpler then previous belt drive systems (CMX) and does not require you to install new drive shafts and allows you to reuse some of your existing parts from your old chain drive.

SyncroDrive 02.jpg

Carbon Cover.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

Last edited:
L

lugnut

Sep 21, 2008
Vancouver Island
Been rallying mine and havent had to tighten a bolt. Even if it was heavier than stock i would run it. No stretching. No oil. No worrying about that stupid chain. Love it nice work guys.

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
yes but only the XP not the 4-Tec. The Sleds that are equipped with mechanical reverse (4-Tec) will lose this ability, but will also loose more rotating mass in the conversion.

Last edited:
A
Dec 27, 2007
Also the belt drive will only fit a XP from Alberta not Montana and has to have a 174 track and tons of grams of titanium! Alt can Doo some of it but Alt needs a CDN passport to use the belt drive. HAHAHAH Dan I get mine in about two -three weeks I will tell you the results. HAHAHA

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Also the belt drive will only fit a XP from Alberta not Montana and has to have a 174 track and tons of grams of titanium! Alt can Doo some of it but Alt needs a CDN passport to use the belt drive. HAHAHAH Dan I get mine in about two -three weeks I will tell you the results. HAHAHA
easy big fella. Ya, let me know how she works! Might be my summer project.:tea:

Premium Features