• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!! Need set screws for weights!!

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
We're heading out West from Omaha, NE headed to Georgetown, CO. My bro-in-law forgot to get set screws for his primary clutch weights. We're staying in Ogallala, NE tonight. Where can we find set screws between Ogallala and Georgetown, CO?

Thanks,

Mike

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
We're heading out West from Omaha, NE headed to Georgetown, CO. My bro-in-law forgot to get set screws for his primary clutch weights. We're staying in Ogallala, NE tonight. Where can we find set screws between Ogallala and Georgetown, CO?

Thanks,

Mike

I bought some at a hardware store.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reusing them leads to the weights spinning on the bolts more times than not. They MAY work, or he MAY have weights shifting and wearing into the spider. You should be able to find them at the hardware store pretty easily.

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
You just cant use the ones in the weight in his clutch? I am assuming that you are just changing weights for elevation.

No, he changed the weights in Des Moines and for some reason one of the set screws was missing. I was going to give him a spare screw I had when he picked me up in Omaha and we forgot about it.

We went to Home Depot and got one though.

Thanks for all your help

Premium Features