• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rpm dropping off?

mp_2009

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Great Falls MT
i have a 04 king cat and i was riding this weekend at the normal spot and on a pull my king would have the power it always has but after a few seconds it would lose some power and me and a riding buddy were thinking it might be from the temp 45+ degrees which is probably 20 to 25 degrees warmer then usually anyone have any ideas?

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Carb or EFI ? If its carbed it will be richer at that temp EFI not so much. Belt could be sacked or Power valves need adjusting and cleaning!!

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Pipe? I had that same issue, fought it for a year then threw away the SLP single I had on it. Sure enough, that was the problem. I guess my porting and the slp pipe were not a good match.

N
Mar 1, 2010
previously mp_2009 now nizlit for now

it has slp twins and can on it the motor is completely stock and it is carbed i just dont understand tho because it didn't act like this last year but i don't remember it being so warm. i have be considering getting a stock pipe but im concerned about the power loss from ditching the twins.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
After a few hard pulls your clutches and belt may be getting hot and that will make it pull down. A warm day will not help the situation. Even an EFI looses power on a warm day even though it compensates for the temperature the air is less dense so less power.

N
Mar 1, 2010
i would take a few pulls and then stop open the hood and clutch cover and watch other ppl but i guess maybe i didnt wait long enough for them to cool down

mp_2009

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Great Falls MT
ttt

got my name back ttt........ any help would be appreciated its almost the end of the season i wanna get this figured out before i have to put the king away in hibernation

Premium Features