• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where is the fuel filter

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
was thinking it might possibly be my problem who knows ??? where is it located

Easy to find.

Standing on the clutch side of the machine, it is on the inside of the frame just behind where the side brace bolts in. You will need a Ford fuel line disconnect tool, available from napa or any auto store for cheap.

100_3122.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Seth...do you take your sled apart just to take pics for guys ;)

MC...you will need to get a FORD 3/8" fuel disconnect tool from an auto parts store to get the fuel filter off, and if you were to pull the tank off as well...there is another fuel line next to the fuel filter that also needs to come off, and that needs a FORD 5/16" fuel disconnect tool

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Seth...do you take your sled apart just to take pics for guys ;)

Hahaha, it would almost seem that way wouldn't it...:eek:

No, I took a BUNCH when I was tinkering on it this summer just incase they would ever come in handy:face-icon-small-hap:camera:

Good call on the sizes, I had forgotten about that:beer;

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I like to use the plastic fuel line removers the best. They come in a set and have about 5 or 6 different sizes. I remember when at the Dodge dealer about 15 years ago and they sent us the plastic ones. I laughed. I took it back shortly thereafter. I have about 20 alloy, aluminum, metal ones in my tool box that haven't been touched for 15 years. There are also nice for getting into tight areas.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I like to use the plastic fuel line removers the best. They come in a set and have about 5 or 6 different sizes. I remember when at the Dodge dealer about 15 years ago and they sent us the plastic ones. I laughed. I took it back shortly thereafter. I have about 20 alloy, aluminum, metal ones in my tool box that haven't been touched for 15 years. There are also nice for getting into tight areas.

i agree...i have the plastic one and was fine..then thought...oooohhh yehh...BILLET..so i bought them and it was harder for me to get the line off then the plastic one was..but they look nice..lol

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Yeah, the only thing that sucks about the plastic kind is you don't want to drop one. No plastic magnet invented yet. So I thought next time I might tie 15lb fishing line onto the tool handle if I'm worried about the dropsies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
CUT/PASTE FROM ANOTHER POST

The best source for the filters is High Perf engineering... I think like $26 for the filter.
http://www.hiperf.com
Fuel Filter / Hose Assembly(Reference #241-206)
POLARIS MODELS
700 Classic, Fusion, Touring, RMK 2006
900 Fusion, Switchback 2005-06
900 RMK 2006
$20.96
241206.jpg

Any auto supply store has the 5/16" tool you need for disconnecting...The best ones are the cheap plastic ones that come in a set. I think they are like $7

This pic shows the set that is the easiest to use on the 900's...because the hose is so tight to the tank outlet. These plastic ones seem to fit much better than the "plyers type" .. Lisle tools makes a good set as does KD tools.
37000L.GIF

37000in.gif

=======================
If you can find them, the best set is the Lisle angle set.. makes it easy to get into the tight space.

39400c.jpg

39400in.jpg

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lis39400.html

======================================

The plastic ones are MUCH easier to use than this "plyers" type
DONT get this kind.
61059.jpg

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Agreed

I used to barrow my dads plier style and metal fuel line tools, always a pain, then bought my own set of that exact type of white plastic ones shown above. They work great and yeah if I remember correctly the set was about $7.

S
Jan 14, 2010
Yeah, the only thing that sucks about the plastic kind is you don't want to drop one. No plastic magnet invented yet. So I thought next time I might tie 15lb fishing line onto the tool handle if I'm worried about the dropsies.
I put small key ring rings through a hole I drilled so if i drop it the magnet will find it

Premium Features