• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc on 02-800, What recoil part is need??

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Perk kit on 02 800RMK,
Ok it is finally going on, been in box since Oct. What is the part called and part #if you have for the Recoil that may need to be changed so don't wreck recoil if rope get pulled when in reverse? Asap if anyone knows as i got it rippered apart now.

S
Oct 2, 2008
menahga, mn
02 700 perc

I would like to put perc on my sled. has anyone put perc on an 02 700 rmk? I have looked into it a little. Sounds like oil pump, sec. clutch, cdi, recoil? anything else I am missing? any help is appreciated

R
Dec 12, 2009
Buckeye State
kit

I found the kit on e bay. It came with every thing you needed. The problem I had was wirng harnesses changed over the years and the wires to the oil tank were too short. My engine was out at the time so routing was ok for me. You need the haddle bar switch also. My kit had a clutch kit in it as well.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Was going to change the recoil part but dealer don't have in stock so I will run with out it for now.
I bought the whole kit, comes with everything needed for it to work. Wiring harness, New CDI, new Tach, New Team ER secondary, new left side handle bar control with Perc button. And Some instructions.
Hopefully get it together tonight. Don't need to change oil pump if you don't plan to ride a long distance in reverse. They only pump when going forward, so off trailer in/out garage down the driveway no problem. Don't start it, put in reverse and let warm up. Common sense!

Last edited:
R

ramairtransam

Nov 29, 2009
Perc questions

Guys, I'm a newbie here and just finished a perc kit on my 01 700 xcsp. I have some questions though. I used my original flywheel with the 3 degree advance key, I got a newer oil pump, the newer style temp sensor, and newer ignition switch (for premium option) off of eBay. I had to lengthen/re route the harness and added a wire for my reverse light. I bought the kit from eBay and it included the new harness, tach, clutch, etc. My sled appears sluggish under 6500 rpm and my top speed is around 80mph. Before it would run 115 over a frozen lake. The new harness has connectors for TPS and a Knock sensor. Is it possible the computer is screwed up because I don't have a knock sensor or TPS on my carbs? I've only ridden it once and I don't think the secondary is working right with my primary clutch either. Also, it's noticeably much louder when running in reverse than when running normal. I'm not sure if that means anything though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I would like to put perc on my sled. has anyone put perc on an 02 700 rmk? I have looked into it a little. Sounds like oil pump, sec. clutch, cdi, recoil? anything else I am missing? any help is appreciated

You dont have to change the oil pump. Its not like your going to be running the sled in reverse for long distances. I have done several 02's without changing the oil pump change. never had a problem

you will need. CDI. Team roller clutch with an ER helix, and the recoil part.

You may just be able to get your CDI reflashed if you dont want to buy a whole new one. IMO the origonal kit for this was a BIG TIME rip off. It gave you a bunch of stuff you really didnt need. If you want to take the time to collect the parts individually you can get it for alot cheaper than the "kit" price.

Premium Features