SNOWEST FORUMS: SnoWest Online - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > SnowMembers > SnoWest Announcements

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
SnoWest Announcements This forum is for announcements from your web administrators to all members of the SnoWest Forums.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Currently: Not set.

admin has disabled reputation
Default SNOWEST FORUMS: SnoWest Online

The success of the forums is due to its members and we recognize that. When it was started years ago we just wanted snowmobilers to have a place to hang out and share information and we are glad that we were able to provide that for all these years. We still want it to be a place to share information and have fun.

I know we at SnoWest have not been involved in the forums and that is due to a lack of time. We have deadlines to meet. We have other magazines and projects. We read the posts and keep track of what is going on and would liked to have had a presence on the forums. You have seen the large amount of time Christopher has spent on the forums. We just donít have that luxury.

Times are changing. Print media is being replaced by digital content. Yes we do make decent money on the advertising on the web site but it also takes a great deal of money to run the site. Salaries, hardware, licensing, internet connectivity and on and on. We have done our best to keep the site free; we have asked for donations to which the response was very minimal. Our goal is pursuing this direction is more about content.

We have partnered with Christopher to manage the forums and take them in new directions. Most of what you have seen this far is added features. Some users like them some do not but they are not forced upon you. They can be turn on or off so itís really not that big of a deal. New forums have been added and you can select what you want to see and what you donít. We want to keep it customizable. Moderators have been added to each forum.

The big reason in converting to paid is to provide far more content. You have yet to see any of this. This is will be significant.

The forums have been very successful in building a community among snowmobilers but have largely neglected the vendors, retailers, techs, developers and a lot of other resources. There is a lot more information that can be shared.

I want the forums to remain fun; the jokes, the socializing and everything that has made it what it is. But what I donít want is for them to become over-moderated. We will be going through a challenge with all this change but we wouldnít do it if we didnít think it was for the benefit of the forum and its members.

Christopher will represent SnoWest and Harris Publishing on the forums. He will give as presence which has been lacking. He will bring massive new content. And there is a lot more he will be bringing to the forums that he will share with you soon. We are open you to your suggestions and comments.

Thanks
Chuck Harris
8 out of 8 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (02-16-2010), CatWoman (02-16-2010), Chief (02-15-2010), girlpowder (02-15-2010), KSH (02-15-2010), MORSNO (02-15-2010), prorideupper800 (10-13-2013), rmk2112 (02-15-2010), Scott (02-16-2010), sledhead ut (02-15-2010), Snow Duck (02-15-2010)
Members of SnoWest Snowmobile Forum have rated post 2194572 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Currently: Still posting Pic's and good info...where it can still be edited.
Banned

Good to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond reputeGood to Go has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
The success of the forums is due to its members and we recognize that......

I want the forums to remain fun; the jokes, the socializing and everything that has made it what it is. But what I donít want is for them to become over-moderated....

We are open you to your suggestions and comments.

Thanks
Chuck Harris
You wrote it sir, but it isn't happening quite that way. The comments and suggestions have been shoveled into an avalanche. And they've been buried faster than God makes snow.

I've been watching...have voiced prior (plenty of PM's) and have watched the content slow to a crawl. You efforts and dreams are there: but it won't ever happen without the people.

First, it ain't fun no more. But still watching.

It is over moderated. People as a whole really aren't that stupid (I can't believe I just said that...). The moving of threads, damn the torpedos, is plain irritating.

Thanks for the letter I guess, but my faith in the end result is falling quicker than I can type.

GTG
3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Good to Go For This Useful Post:
bgreen776 (02-16-2010), BIGGDAWG (02-15-2010), Leaf27 (02-15-2010), SledsWest (02-15-2010), theultrarider (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Currently: <<<THIS SLED IS FOR SALE>>>

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,353 Posts
AKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond reputeAKSNOWRIDER has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Mr Harris, thank you for coming on here and explaining yourself and that of harris publishing,I think if you would have done this in the first place...alot of this wouldnt be happening....As the owner of snowest.. We the paying (and unpaying for that matter) have some legitemate complaints/suggestions and ideas..yet they are totally disregarded by Christopher..We need you...you...you....to come talk to us..and work out something that works for all of us(including harris publishing, the mods, admins, and paying members and unpaying members....)..please help all of us stop the downward spiral snowest is on....thank you Mike

MAXED OUT.......
3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKSNOWRIDER For This Useful Post:
tc_villain (02-16-2010), theultrarider (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Currently: still a rebel way back in the country

theultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond reputetheultrarider has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Currently: Not set.

ruffryder has disabled reputation
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
rmk2112 (02-16-2010)