• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belts

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
What belts are you guys running and getting the best performance with, I have a 05 162 PC with a modded 990 Modshop Motor. Running a 020 right now and have been getting ok results but think with a different belt I could do better. I also mostly hillclimb and boondock. Any advise would be great.

I to have tried differant belts and returned to the 020. I just works better for me. I also ride a modded sled. I don't think they heat up as bad when boondocking and moving slow through the trees and creek bottoms. Just my 2 cents worth. I usually get a whole season on i belt. Always put a new one on in the begining of the season. Jim

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I had same results with the 035 that I had with the 031. The hard belts like the 031 and 035 worked good when I was banging big hills all day but when boondocking they would slip. I figured the hard compound held up well to the heat generated on the big pulls but would slip when going slow.

J

jTrue

Dec 9, 2009
Utard
I had the best luck with the 031, but i also went to 72 gram weights.

I think that might be the key, but my thinking was why fix what's not broke. Haven't really had an issue with the 020 belt so far, clutching feels good. Mostly been boondocking since picking up this sled and staying off hills(sketch avy condtions) so maybe once I start getting into steeper terrain i'll notice an issue.

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
belts

I would really like to thank everyone for their input on this. Will probably stay with the 020 but might try a few others just to see. Thanks again

J

jTrue

Dec 9, 2009
Utard
I would really like to thank everyone for their input on this. Will probably stay with the 020 but might try a few others just to see. Thanks again

Have a 031 with one ride on it for 50.00 shipped if you want it.

Premium Features