• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Air Filter Pipe

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Does anyone remember off the top of their noodle what rad pipe was being used to extend the turbo air filter pipe where it goes up at a 90 past the seat? I've done a search on it and can't find it, seems to me it was a Dayco pipe. Want a one piece pipe and no metal 90's in it..........Sherm

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I use 70920 and cut to suit. You may need a short piece of muffler pipe to join. Not sure on the 70921, never used one. I just looked and the 70920 is a short 90, whereas the 70921 is longer on one end of the 90. They are both 2-1/4 hoses.

Last edited:

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Thanks guys, I knew it was Dayco something! yamiman, does that hose have the 90 in it already? Got Bruce's sled together today Sly, he's doing a test run tomorrow. Can't wipe the sh*&eating grin off his face! I see you sent different weights with his kit, are they heavier than what mine were? His rpm seems right on but he hasn't geared his down so that could be the difference. Oh, thanks for the hose too! Sherm

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
SLY.....your psot is a little unclear to me? Did you use the short hose or the long one? I bought the short one but my cuzin thinks it's too short?

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
He used the short one. I used the other one and had to cut about 5" off the "top" end that the filter goes onto, sounds like Sly had to cut less off? Other than that it fits like a glove and works like a hot damn! Sherm

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
I use the short one and put it on in place of the filter, then cut off as required.

So you use something to join them then? I think your post said a short piece of muffler pipe?
Anyways I bought the short one and after looking at it I thought I'd go back and get the long one so I dont have to splice it.

Did any of you think about using one of the units with the metal wire in it so you can bend anyway you want. Me and cuz were thinking about going that route and bending to a 45 degree out the back?

Sherm....does the 90 degree interfere when you throw your foot over the side to sidehill?

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
I think I hit it once the last time out, its back further than you realize and with my long pins I thought I'd be hitting it all the time. Thats OK though, knocks some of the snow off it! I think its just a matter of getting used to it back there and you won't have any problems with it, and, it bends real fine when it has to! Sherm

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I like to put the filter away at an angle so the 70920 works for that. Splice it with a short piece of 2-1/4 exh pipe. If you want one piece the 70921 is longer but I think it points straight up. Either works.

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
SLy....could you be so kind as to post a pic of what you've done with the 70920? I went that route and had to use a tie strap to keep the basket at what I think is a ninety degree? I tied it to the aluminum mount that the heat shield mounts to. It seemed to be binded by the hole cut out in that shield and pointed a little forward? That's why I used the tie strap to get it back to ninety....I'm happy with the outcome, but think less than ninety would be better IMO???

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Ive got the same as Thistledoo (haha thanks again for the find buddy). Its the perfect bend and length though, the long pipe leaves you with some options and if you kick it with your leg it just folds over!!

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Yup heres a pic with the mountain mod rear turbo seat....will work with MCX or powderlights rear mount turbos....gives you a clean look, warm trunk and great seat.

P1010525.jpg
[/IMG]

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Throw another option out there for you John Deere pn# R79346 $18.39 45ish deg. could stick up a bit more if you like I cut it down to this. Fits nice with my jerry.

nytro 006.jpg nytro 005.jpg nytro 004.jpg

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Yep any JD dealer can order it for you we had it in stock. Short chunk on muffler pipe and a clamp just like the others see joint in pic 1 .

Off topic but just went paid member when I saw you get to check out all the digital magazine's as well for $29.95 for 3 years up here thats 5 issues. Plus the good info on here.

Last edited:
Premium Features