• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt blower

D
Dec 10, 2008
i need help. my 04 king cat 900 will blow a belt if you hold i wide open for very long in a drag race or on the trail. in the powder or hills it will run all day. I have check my clutch alignment and is good. should I put a slp engine torque arm on it. thanks

ditch banger

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Your belt is climbing right out of your primary on the drag race. In the deep it has resistance and will gear itself down as needed to maintain track speed and never get that high in the primary. Torque stop may help if engine mounts are week, or you have a broken one that needs replacing?

Mike

Last edited:

Arcticatdan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Newport, WA
you should check the motor to make sure you did not tweak the crank. This will happen when a belt blows. Also check the clutchs are parallel as well as alignment.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Overshifting....gear taller if you go that fast very often to keep the belt from climbing out of the primary or bottoming in the secondary.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I was also thinking your ctr/ctr could be off for the stock belt? If too close the belt would climb out, If too far apart it would stretch to all beat**** and could break if enough tension was applied when maxxed out?

Mike

Premium Features