• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Rubbing Diamond Drive

J

jzillmer34

Feb 12, 2008
Gackle, ND
I have a 09 m8 162 when I'm not riding in the mountains I ran an old attack 20 to save the wear on the power claw. Sunday I had my track stab the rails and when inspecting the carnage I seen that the clips rubbed my diamond drive and cut a grove in it.
The clips are about 1/2 inch or so taller on the attack 20 than the power claw not sure if it is on other tracks as well but if your going to be running something other than a power claw you may want to check this out b4 you wear a whole in the case!
Has anyone else seen something like this happen?
Was thinking if I ever ran something different I think I would just cut the clips down so there not so tall.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

i just checked mine, and no rubbing. Installing a anit-stab kit is a must for the m-series. The approach angle, and loose track makes it want to stab the rails and ruin a day for sure. Sorry for your luck man. tim

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
track rubbing diamond drive

how much are you guys cutting off rubber drivers & metal clips ?? just looked at my new m-1000 with camo x and diamond drive is grooved really good, i wonder how thick they are ??

J

jzillmer34

Feb 12, 2008
Gackle, ND
you want to cut down the nubs that are on the outside of the rails. look at your DD and you will see the clips that will hit just grind them down a ways and you won't have to worry!

Premium Features