• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Clutching help

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im running an 08 Nytro with a 162, Undertunnel exhaust. About it for performance upgrades. Anyways im running stock clutching except for a GWG in the primary and an Arctic Cat yellow (10*) in the secondary. I need like 500 more rpms. My clutches are both very cool. What should be done to get a few more rpms? There currently are no rivets in my weights. 8000ft +. Also im loosing about 600-800 RPMS from trail to steep and deep this about what everyone else is seeing?

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
are you still running the stock weights? 8fs I believe and with no rivets in them??? you have something else wrong... You might check your rollers.
When you say the secondary spring 10.. do you mean that the spring is in holes 1 and 0? If thats the case then you got to have something else causing you problems.. Also check the weights and they are moving freely.
dc

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Yes the spring is wound 10 Degrees. I did have to swap my belt out for my spare which i thought was new but not positive. Maybe ill pick up a new belt and see where that puts me. Cause i know my old belt i could hit 9100 on the trail now im lucky to hit 8400.

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
Im running an 08 Nytro with a 162, Undertunnel exhaust. About it for performance upgrades. Anyways im running stock clutching except for a GWG in the primary and an Arctic Cat yellow (10*) in the secondary. I need like 500 more rpms. My clutches are both very cool. What should be done to get a few more rpms? There currently are no rivets in my weights. 8000ft +. Also im loosing about 600-800 RPMS from trail to steep and deep this about what everyone else is seeing?

How stiff is that cat yellow if you can run at only 10' twist??

Premium Features