• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what spins 415 grams @8000rpm ??

G
Apr 23, 2008
HEHEHEHE.. the RT 995 carbed turbo does !! @ 9 psi LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Getting ready for the goldenchild nationals as well as the big iron shootout in michigan and the little mach z shootout tooo...

thats 100 grams more than the 800 at 22 psi... get my drift ?

Will be on timers monday when the traffic on the ice is none.. I will post more after that sa I will push the boost up into the 20's and see if she'll run the numbers.. so far ,, I have no doubt...

I am really quite stunned at how well its run, how easy the set up was and how its responed to clutch load thus far..anyone want to buy a lil 3582 garrett??? going bigger with that tooooooo....

Gus

A
Yes a video would be great, for now I'd take picture of it all together....LOL ,But what would be really good would be a video of it on a engine dyno showing the monitor during the run, or a good dyno sheet with A/R and BSFC.

Talk means nothing with out proof Gus :)

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

G
Apr 23, 2008
Paul, shoot me your e mail address and I will send you pics of the sled and some action shots..

Sure is allot of fun man,,

Cliff,,, I see your back, still bashing as predicted,, I feel lucky to be on the same list as powderlites and dynotech with oyu..LOL

hope to meet you at any of the above events..

Gus

A
No bash at all Gus! I know you do great work and have Pioneered alot of stuff in the 2 stroke turbo market.
That being said, I heard through the grape vine you where making a few jokes about my tuning on the 1240 aero???
Anyway, I don't care one way or the other!

But to another point let's just say I have a lot of little birds that keeps me informed on whats going on around the sled world.

And as you see there are others that would like a video as well.

And I never bashed Jim! so I don't know where you got that from.

PL on the other hand, well there's a lot more to that story then you will ever know.

As you know Gus the problem in this industry is that there a lot of guys that spout off before things are even ready, they say things like our kits are the best or our computers are better then anyone else's or our sleds are faster or quicker.

And alot of times there not even fully tested or have all of the bugs worked out.

I just want to see video proof, thats all.

Not a bash just looking for hard facts!!!

Cliff yeatman
Advanced DYno

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
Cliffy, just make sure the 1240 is at the events to race.

I sold my Dyno's 4 years ago ,, the market went sour with all the mini dyno's in this area,, Remember land and sea is in this town..
lots of little dyno's in NH...LOL
The dyno's in my opinion are the worst thing thats come to snowmobiling, too many dyno operators think their results are the final word,, when in some instances its just telling you how far off it is.

Understanding the numbers and the fact that some times the hard data is just flat out wrong and sending you looking for something thats not where your looking.

For instance corrections,, standard is wrong,, sae is correct,, or is it motor octane is wrong and research is correct.. each operator feels differently about the factors and why one is more accurate or more accepted than the other..In the end it turned into monkey see monkey do, dyno A is popular and using standard,, so I better use it to or loose business..
Dynojet and their fantasy math ( my opinion) is a tool only,, the numbers just don't add up.

Dyno's are fun, great tools but they have been morphed into SALES tools and thats just not what they were meant for,, its badd business to use them as sales tools..

remeber the muscle cars ?? the dyno numbers were all over the place,, 425-550-480 hp..
We laughed it off because we were lead to belive it was for insurance deception..??

Do that with todays dyno drugged sledder and your selling junk !! or your favoring one shop vs the other..

That same flock of migrating birds flys into my shop and cell phone too...LOL

You never did get back to me on the 4 stroke rt's
gus

Last edited:

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
What clutches are you using to put that type of power thru? The belt side force must be just insane........ cheers to seeign a video of this beast!! If you a have instrumtation it would be cool to see and accelermetor graph of a race.

A
Gus.

I understand what your saying about dyno's,but that been said, I have always said that I don't care about the final # as much as the difference between the # when it came in, to the # that it goes out with!

As for a sales tool, yes you are right again! And yes I do tend to lean towards the MCX kits, but I don't preach them to be the most hp or the fastest thing on snow, what I do advertise though is a kit that delivers constsant reliable hp that you don't have to screw with.

As for the 1240, it belongs to someone else so it's not my call, but having said that I believe he has other horses in the stable that will be more then able to contend with most comers.

But getting back to the RT 1200 4stroke turbo,I have been waiting for parts and they should all be here in the next week, so there will be alot of progress very soon, and once it's together I will have dyno sheets and video for ALL TO SEE!

Hope to see some results on your rt turbo monster really soon.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

G
Apr 23, 2008
Cool deal Cliff, i can't wait to here how it runs in the field and how the chassis feels to you.. thats a nice morph for sure..

Currently using a micro 4 arm 8'' with a big diameter cat driven.
using stm arms .

The nice part about these monsters is low rpm launching with boost..you can get away with allot as far as the belt load goes be not smacking it at high rpm and side clearance..
I do expect the belt to be a weak point to be worked on at once.

gus

A
Gus, I have worked with some turbo sleds that where running 550+hp and you would surprised on how a belt would last at those levels with proper clutching.

As long as the primary can clamp it the secondary will not be hard to make follow suit.

This is going to be one of the most competitive season since the release of liquid cooled sleds back in the late 80's.

If all goes well we should cross paths sometime this season.

Cliff yeatman
Advanced Dyno

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
RT motor in XP chassis?

Gus, sounds awesome!

Can the RT motor fit in the XP chassis? Is there enough room for the turbo and such? There is a custom pipe builder here in Edmonton, I'm sure he would be up to the challenge. I think this would be a mountain killer:D I would think this would be a very robust motor.

What do you think?

Last edited:
C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
Gus, sounds awesome!

Can the RT motor fit in the XP chassis? Is there enough room for the turbo and such? The is a custom pipe builder here in Edmonton, I'm sure he would be up to the challenge. I think this would be a mountain killer:D I would think this would be a very robust motor.

What do you think?

haha I already asked him that.

A
I don't understand why you would want to screw with a engine that has seen it day.
The 4-tec is close to the same wieght and with the addition of a turbo kit you will end up with more power then you will ever need, not to ention more reliability then the 100 will ever give, and when you 20+ mile into the hill tat work out to be a BIG PLUS!!!!

Cliff yeatman
Advanced Dno

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
That engine never had it's day, now with a turbo maybe it will. What is the weight difference?

I was thinking the 1000 might be 20 to 30 lbs lighter than the 1200. Plus, I could get one of these motors cheap, use a XP bulk head and go from there. I'd love to do a 1200 turbo, but its going to cost 25000.00 ( more if you want to make it light)

Maybe I'm wrong, don't know. But I sure like the way my 900 works. The 1000 would be that much better I would think ( or 1100, or 1240)

The 1000 / 1200 twin Cat turbos have proven that they can make intense power, and still be built light ( and cheap in comparison to a built 4 stroke).

Carbon fiber XP, with 1000 turbo. That has a nice ring. 420 lbs? Maybe....

Sorry, this thread got off track....

G
Apr 23, 2008
Todd, I ve seen pics of a very nice one built in canada and riden last year ..NO turbo but it does fit tight and would be a fun 2 stroke mountain sled for sure..

On the other hand, Cliffs RT/XR conversion has created a flatlanders dream combo...!!!In the deep it would be fine too,, sure its more costly and maybe just a few pounds heavy.. but 4 strokes are no brainers when boosted, you can shut your eyes and ride,, no tuning skills needed at alll. just pay and play.

If you are fond of boosted 2 strokes then BUILD IT,, I have several rt engines on the floor,, we buy them up as fast as we can get them..

They are carrying a bad rep for durability but even Yvonne petit has one as his trail toy ,, he has the injection pump at 100 open at all times and runs 200.1 premix,, sounds weird but he's over 10,000 km's without a crank or piston issue.
He and Marcel sold me on JUST wet down the bottom end and the issue is gone..

Time will tell, but I feel as confident as they do.

Gus
I use grease zerks on the cases to easily push a little more iso thru when we feel scared...LOL :eek::eek:

And No the thread is not off track,, its all good, I like this type of open discussion..

H

HardcoreAK

Nov 3, 2001
North Road
Todd, I ve seen pics of a very nice one built in canada and riden last year ..NO turbo but it does fit tight and would be a fun 2 stroke mountain sled for sure..

On the other hand, Cliffs RT/XR conversion has created a flatlanders dream combo...!!!In the deep it would be fine too,, sure its more costly and maybe just a few pounds heavy.. but 4 strokes are no brainers when boosted, you can shut your eyes and ride,, no tuning skills needed at alll. just pay and play.

If you are fond of boosted 2 strokes then BUILD IT,, I have several rt engines on the floor,, we buy them up as fast as we can get them..

They are carrying a bad rep for durability but even Yvonne petit has one as his trail toy ,, he has the injection pump at 100 open at all times and runs 200.1 premix,, sounds weird but he's over 10,000 km's without a crank or piston issue.
He and Marcel sold me on JUST wet down the bottom end and the issue is gone..

Time will tell, but I feel as confident as they do.

Gus
I use grease zerks on the cases to easily push a little more iso thru when we feel scared...LOL :eek::eek:

And No the thread is not off track,, its all good, I like this type of open discussion..

Gus, Killer looking dragster!

Talk to me about the wide open oil pump, are you running full syn oil, or semi, and in the premix? same oil or different oil? ( I suppose you see my signature, not trying to sell anything, but I am interested to hear your perspective, what oils you have success with)

The grease zerks? I am interested to know what is involved, is this a race only mod, have you seen the thread on DT regarding this topic?

Cody

Last edited:
Premium Features