• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is this site infected?

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Somethings going on with the forums. When I try to go to the forums using the forum link I get redirected to a virus scan. I see its happining to alot of people. Admin! what is being done about this? Nice freakin job!

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I have it bookmarked to go right to the forums first page where you can choose where you want to go and I have never had a virus thing come up. If that helps at all.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
i noticed the same issue yesterday. and with all the people so upset and leaving snowest i knew it would only be a matter of time before one of them would try something like this.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i noticed the same issue yesterday. and with all the people so upset and leaving snowest i knew it would only be a matter of time before one of them would try something like this.

are you really serious,:confused: this is planted by the company selling the ativirios program its spam.if you have proof it is a old sw member though post it up:rolleyes:would love to see your info.:beer;

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
As an IT professional I would suggest that if you are being redirected then you should do a thorough scan of you own computer because if it was in fact Snowest then it would be happening to everyone.

J
Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade, MT
I had a similar issue to a site that I got a call on to clean up. Whoever it was injected a file at the root of the site that based on your browser coming in would redirect you to the "spam" sites. This could explain why some people will see it and some won't as well as going direct to the forum site will bypass the redirect file. Just my .02

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I'm totally ignorant about computers, but could a virus be carried onto here by a link to youtube or something like that. I'm afraid to go onto youtube anymore. A good deal of the sledding vidios on there jamb up my system and cookies pop up everywhere.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
our security software (Norton) shuts down our Web Explorer a lot when we are visiting Face Book or You tube... as a safety feature.. what happens is an attempt to redirect our browser or force a down load of a "Virus protection" software... however, have not had that problem here...

Premium Features