• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Low End Bog

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
Is anyone else getting a little bit of a bog right off idle?

It doesn't do it all the time but it's pretty frequent. It's almost acting like its getting a little too much gas or loading up. I can usually clear it up if I blip the throttle a couple of times before taking off. Once I just pinned it when it bogged off the line and the machine fell on it's face until I let off the gas, which is partly why I think I may be getting too much gas. My only change to the machine has been the can and I've got about 120 miles. Other than the bog (about 25% of the time) the machine runs like a top. Amazing low mid and top power.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
put stock can back on and will likely go away

also check belt deflection and throttle safety switch

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
At times, I get a low end bog. Happened for the first time yesterday and that was the first ride with the super-q can. It might be the old gas that I put in or something else but, I will see if it happens with the stock can now.

:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Last edited:

sanderson

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yes I have noticed the same thing at idle. It seems very rich at the bottom. Once you start moving it cleans up but a EFI should not load up like that.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

My 09 hcr had a low end bog right out of the box, and it frustrated me alot. I made sure the belt deflection was spot on, and that helped a bit. I got a slp pipe kit, bdx intake, and 48/36 helix this year, and there isn't even a hint of a bog now. It takes right off and pulls hard.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Welp huh...........I have ridden my new 2010 M8 once with the stock can.........just put on an HPS today.........will be trying it out next weekend........I will let you know what I find. I had absolutely no bogging with the stock can last weekend. I ran it in the garage a bit today with the HPS and it sounded nice. Will know more once I hit the mountains next weekend. I will repost after I get back. If anyone else has been out with their new sled and an HPS can I would be curious to know how your sleds have been running and if your experiencing a bottom end bog of sorts.

Dave

Last edited:

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
I ran mine stock for 340mi, it always had a little flutter around 3500rpm. Put on a MBRP this weekend and it got a little bit more noticeable but not real bad. If you are just in and out of throttle all day no probs, a long descent on compression braking it takes a couple pokes of the throttle to get it cleaned up and back to full song. It's really not a big deal to me and didn't seem to lose anything up through the mid range and on to top end. It's a little bit louder than I like but am really enjoying the weight loss.

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
2010 HCR with low end Bog

First ride my HCR had a low end bog. Not very often, but every once in a while it would fall on it's face just like mentioned before. Was running completely stock. Second ride, Added Super-Q can, Adjusted power valves to spec, 1.377", belt deflection is set perfect. Bog/stumble still shows up every now and then coming up from idle or low rpm. 98% of the time it runs fine. Mid-range on up it runs strong. I know it's not my fuel, fresh clean 90 octane topped off with 1.5 gal of Trick 114 from a fresh drum.

On a side note, The 2010 Assault that was riding with me had a bad mid-range bog.

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK
I planned to try it minus the can next weekend, but from what I'm seeing on here I'm not sure that's it. I'll take a look at my oil pump too, although oil consumption has seemed pretty normal.

Fastered

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
bog

No problems here with HPS can, 100 miles 2010 M8 162'' clutching perfect.
Shift assist 48/36 P helix 71.5 gram weights in AK sea level to 2000
44.5 PSI fuel presure normal oil use pump not sticking.So far 8160 rpm's Runs better each time I go out.

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
I ran mine stock for 340mi, it always had a little flutter around 3500rpm. Put on a MBRP this weekend and it got a little bit more noticeable but not real bad. If you are just in and out of throttle all day no probs, a long descent on compression braking it takes a couple pokes of the throttle to get it cleaned up and back to full song. It's really not a big deal to me and didn't seem to lose anything up through the mid range and on to top end. It's a little bit louder than I like but am really enjoying the weight loss.

I have the same results after long compression braking. Not a big deal. Fully stock.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If you have less the 300 miles on it your shooting in the dark. the performance will increase. these new motors need the backpressure from the stock can as well. look at slps pipe dyno, more hp with stock can. they are probably running to much oil from the factory to. The 09 oil pumps a lot of the time didn't look like the stuck but if you disconnect the cable and flip the pump back and forth you can feel where it binds causing over oiling once in a while. My 09 m1 did the same as yours, put on a bdx oil delete and felt like I added 30hp off the bottom. crisp and snappy

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
With the stock clutching (and Super-Q can), no bog. When I tried the Cat gold spring in the primary, there was a pretty bad off-idle bog; just like what you're describing. Almost unrideable. This symptom was exactly the same with the stock can and the Super-Q can.

The fuel map on this motor doesn't seem to like to be loaded at very low rpms. Maybe due to porting? Maybe very lean on the bottom for emissions reasons?

B
Jan 21, 2008
so if the factory oil system sticks alot and you don't want to go the oil delete route what options are their? is their any other fix for this?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
do a search a few have added springs or tightened the existing spring. If you have to start a thread dont just put 09 oil pump sticking. start it as "who has a fix for 09 oil pump" and state that you don't want to delete it.

Premium Features