• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 800HO Power valve adjustment

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
Can anyone confirm the power valve adjustment for the 2010 800's

Owners manual lists the cable length at 1.377" The dealer I bought the sled from does not have a shop manual yet. I just wanted to confirm the specs.
I know they need to be set the same +- .005"

When I checked my new HCR, it was set at 1.200" on the PTO side and 1.185 on the Mag side. And yes, I had the slack pulled out.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Lets try .039" or .99mm

That decimal point needs to move to the left!

Thanks for keepin it in check

What exactly should be 35 mm? Is it between the end of the sheeth and the lead end of the cable or to the top of the lead end of the cable???
Thanks.

SPDFREEK

This is at the servo as well right? With the power valves still in the engine??

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
What exactly should be 35 mm? Is it between the end of the sheeth and the lead end of the cable or to the top of the lead end of the cable???
Thanks.

SPDFREEK

This is at the servo as well right? With the power valves still in the engine??

With the cable's end removed from the servo motor, Just pull out any slack in the cable and measure the exposed portion of the cable, from the end of the sheath to the lower, nearest the sheath, side of the lead end. WHEN TAKING UP THE SLACK, DO NOT PULL SO HARD AS TO PARTIALLY OPEN THE POWER VALVES AND OBTAIN A FALSE MEASUREMENT.

Last edited:
With the cable's end removed from the servo motor, Just pull out any slack in the cable and measure the exposed portion of the cable, from the end of the sheath to the lower, nearest the sheath, side of the lead end. WHEN TAKING UP THE SLACK, DO NOT PULL SO HARD AS TO PARTIALLY OPEN THE POWER VALVES AND OBTAIN A FALSE MEASUREMENT.

Thanks Cosarguy. That's what I ended up doing....wasn't sure because the cables were both so far out of adjustment (2mm short) I thought maybe the measurement was with the lead ends included. Sled must have been built on a Fri. at 4:00. Should make a noticeable difference I would think.

CHEERS.

SPDFREEK

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Thanks Cosarguy. That's what I ended up doing....wasn't sure because the cables were both so far out of adjustment (2mm short) I thought maybe the measurement was with the lead ends included. Sled must have been built on a Fri. at 4:00. Should make a noticeable difference I would think.

CHEERS.

SPDFREEK

I had my cables replaced under warranty, after the riding season was over "The mechanic is a friend"
Did a whole bunch of mods in the fall including a full SLP Pipe set, if I would grab a handful on the bottom of the hill and hold it, no problems. But if I had to back out of it for a second and grab a handful again, it would flutter. Also when it got to riding temp on the trail it would do it.

I chased gremlins trying to figure out what the problem was "did find a bad stator before it left me stranded"

Finally someone here on SnoWest got it beat into my head to check the cable length. The professional mechanic had measured it full length. So always double check everything.

Premium Features