• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>Official Power Commander V Thread<<< Polaris 800 C.F.I.'s

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
pcv

Have you tried the Autotune yet? What did the 1st map you tried look like? Even as rich as the dragon is if you are running twins I think you will have to add some fuel at WOT.

I just want to help you out if I can. I work at dynojet doing testing on the snowmobile Power Commanders. My personal sled is a 2005 M7 with SLP twins and I love the sled. The SLP twins for the M7 had a reputation of being hard to tune but I built a map last year for the PC III that works awesome.

just installed auto tune today going to ride in couple hours!!!

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
pc5 help

Have you tried the Autotune yet? What did the 1st map you tried look like? Even as rich as the dragon is if you are running twins I think you will have to add some fuel at WOT.

I just want to help you out if I can. I work at dynojet doing testing on the snowmobile Power Commanders. My personal sled is a 2005 M7 with SLP twins and I love the sled. The SLP twins for the M7 had a reputation of being hard to tune but I built a map last year for the PC III that works awesome.

do you know what air /fuel ratio is suppose to be? bought it from jim at dynotech reserch but cant get a hold of him?

turbo RMK

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2009
Alberta
maybe some light at the end of the tunnel I also can't get my cpi twins on the dragon tuned so if it works for you chariot of doom then thats awesome and i will have to do some late christmas shopping.. i wonder if they have boxing day deals on pcv lol ;)

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
auto tune

Here is an example Target AFR table. I generated it after watching my AFR on a WideBand 2 with an LCD for about a week.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YOm3ybRlv9VqFjCz4htuGA?feat=directlink

Pay attention to how it runs at idle and low speeds. It may not run as you like and the stock part of the map might be better here. So far, I've found if you put in zeros everywhere under like 3250 that the running quality is pretty decent as Polaris calibrates them pretty crisp in this range.

i just instatlled the auto tune, do i copy your numbers exactly and send to pcv?? or what a/f ratio and what rpm do i put them in at? i noticed at 5750 and 6000 you changed it to 13.5 is that you changing it or is that part of the autotune doing its job? what is a good performance a/f ratio?

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Here are some starting numbers to begin tuning your twin pipes. I recomend having your AFR sensor in the final taper of the cone. Location of the AFR sensor can change the AFR's that it reads especialy at lower RPM's.

I have attached a copy of a base map to add some fuel to get you to a safe starting point. Then from there I would enter in the attached target AFR table, enable autotune and start riding in a large open area where you can spend some time at each throttle position. The longer you stay at a given TP and RPM the more time autotune has to work on your map.

Starting twin map.jpg Target AFR table.jpg

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Here are some starting numbers to begin tuning your twin pipes. I recomend having your AFR sensor in the final taper of the cone. Location of the AFR sensor can change the AFR's that it reads especialy at lower RPM's.

I have attached a copy of a base map to add some fuel to get you to a safe starting point. Then from there I would enter in the attached target AFR table, enable autotune and start riding in a large open area where you can spend some time at each throttle position. The longer you stay at a given TP and RPM the more time autotune has to work on your map.

while i am riding it with the new air fuel ratio and its leaning new map does it take affect right away or only when you accept the trims and send back to pc5

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
So how is it...... :D or :mad:

well so far not good! about twenty minutes into ride engine light comes on, ends up being the stock exhaust sensor is bad. pluged in laptop and no new trim numbers, all zeros. so went back to town picked up new one, installed it, back to the hills rode for 30 min come back and still no trim numbers!! no engine light but no trim numbers. gonna check power and ground but not sure what to do???????

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Make sure that the check box in the software is checked that enables autotune. If it is checked then hit "get map" this pulls the auto tune trims from the power commander. Once you do this you should see trim values under the autotune trim map. If you are still having problems call the Vegas tech support line they can help you trouble shoot your installation and setup.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Make sure that the check box in the software is checked that enables autotune. If it is checked then hit "get map" this pulls the auto tune trims from the power commander. Once you do this you should see trim values under the autotune trim map. If you are still having problems call the Vegas tech support line they can help you trouble shoot your installation and setup.

auto tune enable is checked. is there any other boxes that needs checked for auto tune to work???? just at a idle a/f ratio not registering at all

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
The first thing to check is for a blinking red light on the autotune module when the engine is running. Once the O2 sensor heats up the light will stay solid. Once you have a solid light check your software for an AFR reading.

If you have a solid red light on the autotune module and no AFR reading in the software check your CAN cable that links the autotune module to the Power Commander. Make sure this cable is pushed in untill it clicks. You also need to have a CAN resistor in one of the slots either in the PC V or autotune module it dosn't matter. The rest of the holes should be plugged with the rubber seals that came in the kit.

Hope this helps.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
The first thing to check is for a blinking red light on the autotune module when the engine is running. Once the O2 sensor heats up the light will stay solid. Once you have a solid light check your software for an AFR reading.

If you have a solid red light on the autotune module and no AFR reading in the software check your CAN cable that links the autotune module to the Power Commander. Make sure this cable is pushed in untill it clicks. You also need to have a CAN resistor in one of the slots either in the PC V or autotune module it dosn't matter. The rest of the holes should be plugged with the rubber seals that came in the kit.

Hope this helps.

all good execpt the can connector!! dont have one. called jim he going to send it out monday.

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Any updates on how things are going? Chariot of Doom did you get your CAN connector? Have you done anymore tuning with autotune?

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Any updates on how things are going? Chariot of Doom did you get your CAN connector? Have you done anymore tuning with autotune?

should get the can connector tommorrow. and tune in the afternoon. ill post my progress.(hope i have some progress this time!!)

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007

i rode today and finally got some trim numbers. i can tell it is working better, getting higher rpms. but still 100 % throttle it has hard time holding 8100 likes to fall to 7700. at 5000 rpm to 8400 0 - 60% throttle at 13.5 then at 80% throttle 13.1 and 100% 12.5 the last trail run (right before ran out of gas) sled hit detination!! is 12.5 to lean?? tested 6000 ft and was cold 7 degree F. usaually ride 7 -9500ft. should i have the same air/fuel ratio thoughout the entire powerband?

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
The RPM's dropping like that may be due to the clutching not the fueling. If you have your sensor located in the final taper like the pictures that Harry Smith 500 posted, 12.5 should not cause detonation. I would look at richening up the 13.5 and 13.1 that you have at 60% and 80%. At the upper rpms this area should be as rich as WOT. Refer to the AFR table that Rick posted earlier or try the one that I posted above.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
when your looking at your custom fuel map that shows the different numbers, are each a percent in fuel change? 2- 2 percent, 3- 3 percent??

Premium Features