• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is running green cat spring in T apex 2nd clutch

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
Been running that spring for the last two seasons. I run either a straight 47 or 51 helix depending on conditions. Back shifting always there and never had the belt stay down in the secondary when stuck. Imo you can't go wrong with this spring.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Good I'm glad to here this,thanks for the info.Ya i said about every word in the book trying to get that spring in:)What about for weights,i put super tips in with i thank it was 190 i threw at it, for each weight to much??

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I have run the stock spring and the green cat spring and I am going back to the stock.

Here's why:

1. The stock spring gets great mileage on the trail though I am rarely on the trail. It opens under lower RPM and allows me to cruise plenty fast at low boost.

2. I broke my secondary at the end of the season last year using the Green cat spring. It does back shift real well but I never really had any problems with the stock spring back shifting.

I have the shock way adjustable helix and maybe my seconday broke because i have not done the modification yet that allows it to fully open.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
I have run the stock spring and the green cat spring and I am going back to the stock.

Here's why:

1. The stock spring gets great mileage on the trail though I am rarely on the trail. It opens under lower RPM and allows me to cruise plenty fast at low boost.

2. I broke my secondary at the end of the season last year using the Green cat spring. It does back shift real well but I never really had any problems with the stock spring back shifting.

I have the shock way adjustable helix and maybe my seconday broke because i have not done the modification yet that allows it to fully open.

Is this mod for the shockwave?
what needs to be done?

Last edited:
J
Dec 7, 2007
Kinuso, AB.
I have been running the stock spring and the shockwave right from the start in 2007. Has worked great. I haven't done any mod for the shockwave. I have had buddies run the green spring and the purple spring. But they seem to go back to the stocker sooner or later. I am sure it all works well. This has worked well for me.

Happy Testing:beer;

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
would turning the the stock spring tighter have the similar effects to going to cat spring? i'm not boost but running straight ramp shock wave, super tips and 19/40 gearing and not sure if going to a cat yellow spring would be worth for me. the stock spring is currently set at 6

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I wish I could tell you more about the mod to the Shock Wave but I have only heard about it, never actually seen what they are talking about.

It sounded to me like they grind some material off that keeps the secondary from opening all the way.

Lots of guys have done it and say it really makes a difference.

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
I actually broke 2 ac green springs. They both broke the tabs set at 0-1 so I gave up on that spring. I do know of others that have had great luck with it though. Plus putting it in by your self is a chore.

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
I wish I could tell you more about the mod to the Shock Wave but I have only heard about it, never actually seen what they are talking about.

It sounded to me like they grind some material off that keeps the secondary from opening all the way.

Lots of guys have done it and say it really makes a difference.

Yes they machine the secondary and the shockwave I believe. Val Simmons is the guy to talk to about this, he can do it in his shop,can't remember what he charges as it is included in their kits cost. It allows your secondary to shift out fully when using the shockwave, to acheive full track speed.

Last edited:
C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
I actually broke 2 ac green springs. They both broke the tabs set at 0-1 so I gave up on that spring. I do know of others that have had great luck with it though. Plus putting it in by your self is a chore.

Zeb

I understood the cutler red/white is the same spring rate as the cat green does this sound right to you? What are you finding to work the best in your apex? Thanks

Chris

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Zeb

I understood the cutler red/white is the same spring rate as the cat green does this sound right to you? What are you finding to work the best in your apex? Thanks

Chris

apline sells one its black but its the same sping rate as the green or purple it works real good.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I ran the purple epi springs and them seem to work good for a few rides and then lose it. I have been using the cat green for 2 seasons now and they work the best from what I have tried. I get a whole season out of it and then just replace it....seems to work the best for me.

Premium Features