• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Pro 500 build?

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
SP

Its hard to justify spending that much on a sled and extending it and only having a 500 to build off of, i didnt thing they would cost as much as they do.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i'm sure it will be, maybe tweaked a little for the mountains, ac hasn't changed the M series platform since 05. since the f series chassis is way to heavy for the mt. i'm sure this will be thier next platform...

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
That's pretty cool lookin!:eek::beer; I wonder how it rides.:confused:

Snopro162.jpg

Snopro162mod.jpg

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Extremely Saweeeet!!
Wonder what power he is running, the bigbore kit for that would be rather necessary in my books to twist that track properly.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
sweeet :) and jealous.. Had talked with AC dealer last year about taking a Sno Pro and putting a 144' under it along with SW 800 mod kit. $15k was lil much to dump into a sled when you don't have 15K. some day some day Ill build one. hahaha.

Apr 21, 2008
i'm sure it will be, maybe tweaked a little for the mountains, ac hasn't changed the M series platform since 05. since the f series chassis is way to heavy for the mt. i'm sure this will be thier next platform...

Just as a note, since the race chassis is based off the F chassis, any M to come out in either chassis would be based off the F.

If I were going to mod one, I would start with a used racer, and not the 500.

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Park, MN
i doubt we will see the snopro in mountain form...even tho it would be flippin saweet!!!

one, even though the 500 will bolt in with oil injection, the larger 600cc+ cases are too big to fit the oil pump in there. the front motor mount goes right thru the area where the oil pump would normally sit. i doubt many people today are going to spend over 10K on a sled without oil injection. it wouldn't bother me but other people? yeah.....

I don't know if anyone can confirm but will the newer 800 engines fit into this chassis without oil injection? I've had people tell me yes and no. The older 600 and 700 laydown engines will but not sure about the 800's.

bearcat-have you ridden a new snopro? once you spend some time on one and then go back to the M chassis it's an unbelievable difference. that's about all I can say it's just incredible how much better the snopro is compared to the M. honestly, from a season of riding and racing a 600 SP, it's the best handling, best riding sled out there IMO. that chassis with the new 800 and a 141'' or 153'' Powerclaw would be absolutely insane!!! but see there we're dreamin again haha

Apr 21, 2008
wrong, the "twin-spar" and the sno-pro chasis are completly differant. Rider position(in the chasis), supspension geometry, bulkhead and drive layout.

Yes, the twin-spar chassis and the Sno-pro chassis are different, but Cat based the sno-pro chassis on the twin-spar and went from there. I said it was "based" on the twin-spar, not exactly the same.

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
i doubt we will see the snopro in mountain form...even tho it would be flippin saweet!!!

one, even though the 500 will bolt in with oil injection, the larger 600cc+ cases are too big to fit the oil pump in there. the front motor mount goes right thru the area where the oil pump would normally sit. i doubt many people today are going to spend over 10K on a sled without oil injection. it wouldn't bother me but other people? yeah.....

I don't know if anyone can confirm but will the newer 800 engines fit into this chassis without oil injection? I've had people tell me yes and no. The older 600 and 700 laydown engines will but not sure about the 800's.

bearcat-have you ridden a new snopro? once you spend some time on one and then go back to the M chassis it's an unbelievable difference. that's about all I can say it's just incredible how much better the snopro is compared to the M. honestly, from a season of riding and racing a 600 SP, it's the best handling, best riding sled out there IMO. that chassis with the new 800 and a 141'' or 153'' Powerclaw would be absolutely insane!!! but see there we're dreamin again haha

I dont see the racer chassis handling better in the mountains than the M chassis. On the trail? yes. But in the pow? Doubt it.

S

snopro269

The race chassis doesnt do as well or handles as well in the powder. Trust me I know !!

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
I think with a 144" and up track and enough motor to turn it it would be a kick in the butt. Last 2 years i rode a lightly detuned 05' mod 800 in the mountains 128x1.7". I didn't win any high mark contest but I got every where the big track sleds went. Plus I think it made me a better rider line choice was critical.

I had the same thoughts as fabcraft, have speedwerx 925 motor waiting. Now to find a used race sled again.

Premium Features